How can I tell if I have active head retraints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Further to the related threads on headrest DVD systems, how can I tell if I have Neck-Pro active head restraints?

These; YouTube - Mercedes-Benz: Neck-Pro-Headrest

Having Googled them a bit it appears to me they were made available on the facelift 211 and the 212. So maybe not on the pre-facelift 211.....

Any idea if a pre-facelift E500 with dynamic seats would have these?

Ring dealer, give them the VIN and ask them.

Ring dealer, give them the VIN and ask them.

Good idea - I'll do that - fingers crossed it's the post facelift ones that have them.

But then again the pre-facelift E500's had 7G and the others didn't....

Mine's a Feb 05 - so probably a MY05.

MB Park Royal did a check against the VIN and couldn't see any references to "Active Head Rests" or "Neck-Pro"

I think if you take the back off you will be able to tell as the active ones would have wiring going to the headrest.

Last edited:
I think if you take the back off you will be able to tell as the active ones would have wiring going to the headrest.

Had a quick go at taking the seat back off but it wasn't held in by cross-head screws - some other sort of fastener

Did it have two screws at the bottom of the rear cover? They are torx screws.

Bugger! need to double check my headrests now or a may be selling some DVD headrests.

If you have the NeckPro system should you be able to adjust the headrest in out by hand?

If the car has Pre-safe that it will have avtive headrests , I think all face lift 211 have them , and pre face lift dont have this

Well according to NPUK's spot it's for MY 06 cars onwards - this link says that means the last of the facelifts and all the facelifts

2003 E500 Headrest Question - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Bugger! need to double check my headrests now or a may be selling some DVD headrests.

If you have the NeckPro system should you be able to adjust the headrest in out by hand?

If you've got a 280 it looks like you might wall have the active ones

I might buy your DVD headrests, though, although we'd have to be quick.

If you've got a 280 it looks like you might wall have the active ones

I might buy your DVD headrests, though, although we'd have to be quick.

I tried to PM you but the system won't let me.

I haven't enough posts to use the PM system

email me : jeff*hall at hotmail*com

sure you can figure out the address :)

Just spoke to the dealer I bought the car from.

"if you can move the headrest in and out as well as moving it up and down then it has it"

So, nextBase system here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom