how can i tell if my car is prewired for handsfree?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookci

wondering whether its worth putting in my parrot 3200 colour or save up for the real thing?

Hello again!

I'll give that a try when i get home thanks

wondering whether its worth putting in my parrot 3200 colour or save up for the real thing?

What car do you have?

Option code 386 is normally the one for phone pre-wire but this does depend on the car and its age.

Its a 2001 c200k coupe.
Im not sure what option 386 means?

Its a 2001 c200k coupe.
Im not sure what option 386 means?

If you try the VIN decoder television indicated and if you can find option code 386 from the list, you would have full UHI phone kit, if it lists 273, that would be just the prewiring (telephone pre-installation, no cradle, no control box but wiring, antenna etc.).

But if it is a 2001 car, it cannot have UHI from the factory. If it does have a phone kit, you would see a phone cradle somewhere.

If the car is pre-wired then should it have a telephone aerial?

Regards
John

If you try the VIN decoder television indicated and if you can find option code 386 from the list, you would have full UHI phone kit, if it lists 273, that would be just the prewiring (telephone pre-installation, no cradle, no control box but wiring, antenna etc.).

But if it is a 2001 car, it cannot have UHI from the factory. If it does have a phone kit, you would see a phone cradle somewhere.

nevermind! looks like im going to have to try fitting the parrot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom