How can you tell your C63 has been mapped without taking to MSL ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jatboy

Car
AMG
My car 2010 C63 is ready to spin the wheels in 3rd gear with a good poke on the load peddle. Plenty of meat on the tyres, and was 13 degrees outside temp, mid afternoon. Is that normal power for one of these ?

Only way to get an accurate answer is to put it on the rolling road even just for a power run and that will confirm if it has been modified.
It it has been modified with a remap one run should be enough.

I don't know about your C63 but my CLS55 could break traction even at 70mph if provoked, so I would say sounds normal.
How to tell if the car has been mapped? Only by reading the ECU, or possibly by checking the car's history. A session on a dyno could shed some light, if the map was strong enough.
I'm sure your insurers could supply an inspector to check it out (joking!!)

If MSL mapped the car they should have a record of it if you supply the Reg #.
As above, a dyno run should tell you if its been remapped.

You don't say what tyres you have on it and you don't say what type of C63 it is.

If it's a coupe , at 10 years old it has almost certainly been tweaked . Not sure if there is still a stock 10 year old C63 still out there ! :p:D

Only messing.;)

You don't say what tyres you have on it and you don't say what type of C63 it is.

If it's a coupe , at 10 years old it has almost certainly been tweaked . Not sure if there is still a stock 10 year old C63 still out there ! :p:D

Only messing.;)
It's a standard saloon in the fastest colour white pre facelift on Michelin pilot super sports. Appears to have secondary cats removed also

To be honest, mapping on the m156 doesn't gain as much as the forced induction cars so the truth is they are all like that sir ;)

I don't know about your C63 but my CLS55 could break traction even at 70mph if provoked, so I would say sounds normal.
My CLS55 used to do that until I had it mapped. Now it goes completely batshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom