How cheap can you do a full front brake replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Obviously never worked for local government!

You would be correct, Would you care to expand?

I have certainly not worked in an environment where I could have use of staff and facilities to carry out work for virtually nothing on my own vehicles though :)

In
You would be correct, Would you care to expand?

I have certainly not worked in an environment where I could have use of staff and facilities to carry out work for virtually nothing on my own vehicles though :)

Apologies, was trying to quote the earlier 1 hour coffee break comment

How cheap can you do a full front brake replacement?

Cheaper than you all - I didn't change my discs or pads for three years !

Sorry about not stopping when I ran over that 6 year old, blind, mixed race transgender right outside the immigration orphanage.

:D

Sweet christmas :D

I bought a gold and diamond encrusted hammer from Harrods. I then used it to hit each panel of my ex wife's car 10 times.

Sure, you can call me a bit decadent :D

interesting !! where is this place ?

i was thinking in scotland , where they make copper wire, fighting over a penny.

Note to self. don't start a thread about how I saved myself a couple of quid.

The natives won't like it.[/QUO.

Or :Read the thread properly and do not cherry pick for the sake of trying to stir something up ?

The OP's thread was not exactly an accurate comparison of cost savings of DIY /Main dealer or Independent , especially after it transpires that he has his own team of mechanics working during generous "coffee breaks" with all equipment to hand..............

He was however very helpful in pointing out where to buy the parts at a good price.

Last edited:
...I have certainly not worked in an environment where I could have use of staff and facilities to carry out work for virtually nothing on my own vehicles though :)

You've never worked in a bus garage then.... ;)

Or :Read the thread properly and do not cherry pick for the sake of trying to stir something up ?

The OP's thread was not exactly an accurate comparison of cost savings of DIY /Main dealer or Independent , especially after it transpires that he has his own team of mechanics working during generous "coffee breaks" with all equipment to hand..............

He was however very helpful in pointing out where to buy the parts at a good price.

Yeah, righto.

Or rather.... when starting a thread about how much money you have saved... just describe your own experience and let others comment if they wish. It was not the thread itself that caused the backlash from some... it was the last two paragraphs hinting at a 'how low can you go' competition.

(Which, incidentally, I may have won due to my post re DIY brake service :) )

Last edited:
to be fare , has anyone ?

I had a summer job working in a tractor garage (and other agricultural hardware) in 1974 and 1975.... does this count?

(Best summers of my life ;) )

Or rather.... when starting a thread about how much money you have saved... just describe your own experience and let others comment if they wish. It was not the thread itself that caused the backlash from some... it was the last two paragraphs hinting at a 'how low can you go' competition.

(Which, incidentally, I may have won due to my post re DIY breake service :) )
And the winner is........................

Mr Markjay

A paragon of erudition. fair play, good manners and a thoroughly decent chap by all accounts !:):):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom