How cool is cold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wingco

Car
CLK 220 Cdi AMG Sports 2008 W209
With this recent spell of hot weather I'm beginning to think that the air con on my W209, 220 CDi CLK is not up to the job:failPlenty of cool air blowing through the vents, however it's not freezing air. Hopefully it's just a matter of a re-gas. The car is is now just over 6 years old, about 38K miles so maybe it's time for a top up of the vapour stuff. However as a definative measure does anyone know what the measured temperature of the air at the vent should be with the A/C going full blast i.e. trying to lower the temperature in the cabin. I'm sure I remember this measure being used on a car I had in the past with cooling problems. Now I know it will, to a certain extent, depend on the outside temperature but is there a range or little formula that can be applied to the ambient temperature that will give the vent temperature if the A/C is cooling as it should?:dk:

I seem to remember (from a Wheeler Dealers programme) that when Ed stuck a probe in a vent he got it down to below 6 degrees (4 possibly)

As you say though, hopefully just a re-gas required after 6 years. :)

Should be around 4C
Any lower could cause things to freeze up around the evaporator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom