How Deep Can It Run....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac1

Car
E350 SPORT
Just pondering about our love of the car we drive and the deep rooted hatred toward the "opposition"
MB V BMW
Subaru V Evo
Porche V Ferrari
Audi V Insignia...:D

Being new to the Marque, I was really unsure if I had made the right choice.
But having finally sorted the driving position out, it's growing on me daily. In fact I'm looking for excusing to drive it rather than not. With this new found bonding seems to come a sense of aloofness when glancing across, parked at the lights at the cramped 3 series or butt ugly 5 series. Am I becoming a MB snob....:rolleyes:

:thumb:

I'm sure most MB owners are ok with Beemers/Audi's.

They might not choose to own one, but, for most, the love of cars extends to more than one brand.

It does for me anyway - my pal has an F11 and it's fab.

Recently I saw an A7 and thought wow!

Prof. Ben Zayad discovered that if you take the the substance Benzine and mix it with B-enzymes then the result is always the same, so it can be done in Australia or might as well be NZ.

Am I becoming a MB snob....:rolleyes:

Not all.

It is simply that, as an MB owner, you possess the tranquil consciousness of an effortless superiority.

The German B's are both cars with merits IMHO; the A's I find well built but bereft of driving pleasure whilst P's trounce F's. Once again, just IMHO.

I have a Porsche...and I would have a Ferrari...but they are too expensive to buy and run. I don't like Audi...and I have had BMW but never again...

I saw one recently too, and thought "How can a passenger car be wider than a 40-tonne artic?"

My neighbour, an out -and-out Audi fan whose family drove A3s, A4s, A6s, A7s, and TTs, finally graduated to an A7 but got rid after 13 months...
He and the wife hit kerbs, scared themselves silly on narrow roads, couldn't find parking spaces, and couldn't get it in the garage (well they could, but couldn't open doors!)
Rattled as well - @Mark would have had a field day :dk: :D

My neighbour, an out -and-out Audi fan whose family drove A3s, A4s, A6s, A7s, and TTs, finally graduated to an A7 but got rid after 13 months...
He and the wife hit kerbs, scared themselves silly on narrow roads, couldn't find parking spaces, and couldn't get it in the garage (well they could, but couldn't open doors!)
Rattled as well - @Mark would have had a field day :dk: :D

I had a drive of an A7 last week, they feel as wide as a tank!

I like BMW (lots) ive had a few and dont much care for Audis
but its based on desire or lack of rather than hatred of the opposition

I tend to have a preference to most German cars, not so keen on french vehicles - having said that i saw a fantastic looking ( if a little insane ) ancient Renault 4 the other day

Last edited:
I had a drive of an A7 last week, they feel as wide as a tank!

4WDs that are out of their depth (read too wide for the space available) on country roads are a joke. And a menace to others - not that their drivers care.

4WDs that are out of their depth (read too wide for the space available) on country roads are a joke. And a menace to others - not that their drivers care.

Indeed...but I think SPX must have been talking about the Q7 not the A7.

Last edited:
Ineed...but I think SPX must have been talking about the Q7 not the A7.
Very good friends of ours who live at St Katherine Docks by Tower Bridge have a Q7 (they say it's because they have two daughters aged 1 and 3). It amazes me how he manages to get it into their tiny garage. Most of their driving is in London and I actually noticed the other day that one of the panels wasn't scratched or dented. Which is more than can be said for any of the wheels! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom