How deep is an SL500 boot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
I need to find out if a wheelchair, folded, will fit in an SL500 (R230) boot. Needs to be at least 66cm front-to-rear. My SLK is only 57cm.

I can't the boot dimensions on t'intrnet, just the capacity in litres.

Does anyone know the size, please?

Got these dimensions from another MB forum :

37" wide 22" deep (front to back) and 16" tall.

I need to find out if a wheelchair, folded, will fit in an SL500 (R230) boot. Needs to be at least 66cm front-to-rear. My SLK is only 57cm.

I can't the boot dimensions on t'intrnet, just the capacity in litres.

Does anyone know the size, please?

66cm wide... is that a fat blokes dead body you're planning to put in there? ;)

660 is too tight.......650 maybe. 980 wide and 480 high.....I have just measured mine......getting any object into an exact space would be difficult especially with the boot separator hindering matters.

Mic

Exactly how big is the person you are attempting to dispose off? If Rigor has not set in you should be able to bend them about.

Hi Colin b, I am currently in the process of buying my first wheelchair(not a full-time user), and this was one of the sticking points in my chair decision. As I currently have a R230 SL, and definately not ready to give it up just yet, I had to make sure the shortlist of chairs I had, would fit in the boot.

The two folding chairs I tried(Otto Bock & Kuschall) fitted in my boot. I also managed to fit a rigid(GTM) chair in, this is the one I have ended up going for. The downside to the rigid chair, is that I cannot put the roof down while the chair is in the boot(boot divider will not close), and the wheels have to go behind the seats.

From what I remember, the folding chairs I tried, fitted in the boot along with the wheels, and also still allowed the boot divider to be pulled across.

If in any doubt, I'm sure any seller would be willing to let you try fitting the chair into the boot, if you explain the situation.

Hi Colin b, I am currently in the process of buying my first wheelchair(not a full-time user), and this was one of the sticking points in my chair decision. As I currently have a R230 SL, and definately not ready to give it up just yet, I had to make sure the shortlist of chairs I had, would fit in the boot.

The two folding chairs I tried(Otto Bock & Kuschall) fitted in my boot. I also managed to fit a rigid(GTM) chair in, this is the one I have ended up going for. The downside to the rigid chair, is that I cannot put the roof down while the chair is in the boot(boot divider will not close), and the wheels have to go behind the seats.

From what I remember, the folding chairs I tried, fitted in the boot along with the wheels, and also still allowed the boot divider to be pulled across.

If in any doubt, I'm sure any seller would be willing to let you try fitting the chair into the boot, if you explain the situation.

This is a bog standard folding wheelchair, shmbo is confined to it for the next few months. It fits fine in my C320, but not in her R171. She has a mate coming to stay for a few days, and she has an SL500. They were hoping to go shopping in the SL, with room for the wheelchair and shopping:)

I think it may just fit....

660 is too tight.......650 maybe. 980 wide and 480 high.....I have just measured mine......getting any object into an exact space would be difficult especially with the boot separator hindering matters.

Mic

Thanks for that, appreciated. I think it will just fit:)

Good luck - hope you get it in! Boot size is one of the reasons I hung on to my R129 ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom