How did that happen....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Navylynx

Car
2013 C63 Coupe PPP
...at the beginning of April we had never had a Mercedes Benz in the family. Now we have two. The C63 Coupe with PP+

IMG_0415_zps7a7ed776.jpg

and then, after our visit to the dealers for the LSD oil change the other half bought an ML350 CDi

IMG_1052_zpsf637a27d.jpg

So, apart from the 'shed' (2004 Passat) that I use for work we are all Mercedes. So far so good and we are both enjoying the experience and so much so that, as we get married on Friday, I have organised a tour around the AMG factory on Monday to hopefully meet the chap who built my engine..

IMG_1008_zpsdc0de4d9.jpg

Now, despite the "That'll be nice" through gritted teeth of the other half (I'll pay in the future I know) I think it'll be a great day and then we drive on to the Alps for a couple of days there.

Any tips or suggestions for driving through Europe are much appreciated and I know it's going to be a small fortune in fuel.

I think it'll be a great day and then we drive on to the Alps for a couple of days there.
Any tips or suggestions for driving through Europe are much appreciated and I know it's going to be a small fortune in fuel.

Just one tip... do not get caught speeding (especially excessively) in Switzerland. It is possible to have your car confiscated and the fines are eye wateringly high. Oh, and don't use a radar detector like Tom Tom...they are illegal.
Congrats on your forthcoming marriage and have a great trip!

Last edited:
Just one tip... do not get caught speeding (especially excessively) in Switzerland. It is possible to have your car confiscated and the fines are eye wateringly high. Oh, and don't use a radar detector like Tom Tom...they are illegal.
Congrats on your forthcoming marriage and have a great trip!
Is the radar detector only illegal in Switzerland or all of Europe?

Last edited:
^ It looks that way doesn't it. I guess the argument is you are going to speed until you get advance warning of a camera, then slow down and defeating the object of having cameras in the first place.:doh:.

Thanks for that , all noted. The Wedding all went well and we leave tomorrow bound initially to the Chunnel.

Will do an update when we get back.

LOL we started with one M-B, a VW, and an Audi and now have three M-Bs :D

PS speed camera detectors and GPS-based warning devices aren't the same thing, although both are banned in some countries (France is probably the best known). In Germany (for example) actual detectors are illegal, but GPS warnings aren't.

Enjoy the trip! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom