How dificult is it to fit wheels for a 211 E Class to a 212 E Class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
Hi, at the risk of asking a question that has been answered before, is it possible to fit wheels from an E Class 211 to an E Class 212?

I have a set of Mekbuda OEM 18 inch staggered wheels kicking around in the garage and I think they would look good on my 212 which is currently wearing 17's

How difficult is it to convert and what are the potential problems of fitting these wheels?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Have you checked the offset and the Pitch Circle Diameter off both?

If you do manage to fit them do not forget to choose tyres that keep the rolling radius as close as possible to that you have now/

From memory the 211 wheelbolts are M12, and the 212 wheelbolts are M14, so you need to check that your 212 bolts physically go through the bolt holes in your 211 wheels. You also need to check the bolt seat type - I can’t remember if they changed from taper, spherical or flat seats. if you use bolts with h3 wrong seat type you risk overstresssing and cracking the wheels.

I had 212 wheels on a 211 and they projected 10mm less in the wheel arch but otherwise fitted fine. By extrapolation 211 wheels on a 212 would stick out a further 10mm from standard all things being equal.

I had 212 wheels on a 211 and they projected 10mm less in the wheel arch but otherwise fitted fine. By extrapolation 211 wheels on a 212 would stick out a further 10mm from standard all things being equal.
Thanks everyone for your comments. In the end someone made me an offer on the wheels and I've let them go. Shame as I really liked the style of the 211 wheels.

Fair eonugh - must be the dementia kicking in :)

That's OK, I do it all the time.
Its the W210 E class that has M12 bolts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom