how do I copy video files to DVD please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
I have a few video files that I would like to put on DVD but it seems they need to be special DVD type files :confused:

- is this correct and can I 'convert' files like mpg or avi to go on DVD, thanks anyone. . .

I believe Nero or Sonic will do the conversons for you but be prepared for a long wait. Last one I did took 10 hours :crazy:

thanks Ian, I'll take a closer look - theres nothing obvious and I've read the help file etc with no joy

Win avi video will convert from and to most disc types, quickly, depending on your setup.

CuCu soft will also work though usually pulls more cpu.

Not got a recordable DVD drive so this is just me thinking about burning CD-ROMs. Do you get the option create a DVD for playback on a DVD player or a 'data' DVD for playback on a PC?

I can imagine a restriction on file type if creating a video DVD for playing on a conventional player. If on the other hand you just want to get the file in it's current format off your hard drive then there shouldn't really be a restriction. Look for an option similar to "Create a data DVD"

Bobby Dazzler said:
Not got a recordable DVD drive so this is just me thinking about burning CD-ROMs. Do you get the option create a DVD for playback on a DVD player or a 'data' DVD for playback on a PC?

I can imagine a restriction on file type if creating a video DVD for playing on a conventional player. If on the other hand you just want to get the file in it's current format off your hard drive then there shouldn't really be a restriction. Look for an option similar to "Create a data DVD"

You need a dvd burner to be able to create a dvd file.

I have a program called power-producer from cyberlink thats converts any file to dvd apart from dvix with just a couple of clicks and its free too with no restrictions.

If you need anymore info dont hesitate to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom