How Do I Delimit My C180 Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavMac

Car
W202 C180 Sport
Hi guys.

I Currently have a 1996 Mercedes Benz C180 W202 Model. When I rev it I seem to find it limiting in and around 3500rpm - 4500rpm. Not sure exactly where it limits but its in and around that. It even does it when Im on the track trying to gain speed.

Also I use this as a track car for fun and is my everyday driver. So does anyone know how to delimit them as you call it ? Is it just a wire thats stopping it from limiting it all the way or do I have to plug it into a computer ?

Much help will be appreciated :)

-Dave

Your car is not limited to 4500 revs, its broken! Get the fault codes read but I'm thinking Air Mass Sensor? Others will be along....

Hello by the way :)

As above.

The engine should rev to 6k before hitting the electronic rev limiter.

If it's an auto, try this with kickdown.

If it does not go beyond 4.5k, something is faulty somewhere.

Assuming we are talking about 180 petrol engine, that is.... if it was a diesel then yes they have a lower rev limit than petrols.

As above.

The engine should rev to 6k before hitting the electronic rev limiter.

If it's an auto, try this with kickdown.

If it does not go beyond 4.5k, something is faulty somewhere.

Assuming we are talking about 180 petrol engine, that is.... if it was a diesel then yes they have a lower rev limit than petrols.

Well how do you remove the electronic rev limiter ?

It's usually done with a remap.

Yes but... if the engine won't rev beyond 4.5k, how would removing the 6k limit help? Until you sort out the engine, the 6k limit is only theoretical anyway....

Simple. You have a issue. Get it plugged into a Star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom