How do I find out what colour my leather interior is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicksterrx7

Car
E55
I might want to clean up the leather in the E55 we have puchased. Seats are in good condition but faintly showing signs of slight discolouration through wear - I am a fussy sod and want the car looking mint.

I believe you can get leather dye but I want to know what colour the interior of my car is. It's a blue grey colour, but what is the actual colour. Is there anywhere in the car or handbook that might tell me?

I might want to clean up the leather in the E55 we have puchased. Seats are in good condition but faintly showing signs of slight discolouration through wear - I am a fussy sod and want the car looking mint.

I believe you can get leather dye but I want to know what colour the interior of my car is. It's a blue grey colour, but what is the actual colour. Is there anywhere in the car or handbook that might tell me?

If your car has the datacard attached in back of the service book (depends on age of car) it is on there, otherwise you (a dealer, or someone with EPCnet access) needs to look up your chassis number and it will tell you.

Richard

Enter your VIN on this site and tick 'Full version'. Somewhere in the details it will give you the colour for your leather.

You should take a look at Gliptone Scuffmaster as an option for restoring your seats. I used it on a '98 CLK last weekend and it now looks like new. They will mix leather dye to the original Mercedes colour specification if you provide them with the colour code, or a swatch of leather from under your rear seats.

Modern leathers tend to have an impermeable clearcoat on them, so I'm not sure if the Gliptone conditioners will work in your car, but the dye should work so long as you prepare it properly.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom