How do I get speed cameras on my Satnav??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
Hi all - I just can't find a definitive answer as how to get speed cameras (or other POI's for that matter) on my COMAND ONLINE Satnav system.

Does anyone know how??

W205 C Class

Hi
I use pocketgpsworld.com
Yearly subscription about £20, with weekly database updates, just download the personal poi database to the sd card and enable audible and visual warnings. Works perfectly. My car is a 2012 w204 c63. I would recommend this to anyone.

I've done this ^^^ and it works well, though the mobile camera alerts are a bit random.

The "boing" is rather loud, but that's a good thing.

Hi,

An alternative speed camera database is at SCDB.info - Die weltweite Blitzerdatenbank. This has all the fixed speed cameras and traffic light cameras. Personally I find including mobile cameras leads to too many 'false positives' so I prefer not to include them. There is a Windows POI loader called MB POI Loader (Google will find it) that makes it easy to create the necessary files. Alternatively if you are on a Mac then I have my own program that does the same job.

For general handing of Personal POIs, see here:

Creating Personal POIs using Google My Maps - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

and here:

Using Google Maps with Comand navigation - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Malcolm

Guys done everything according to instruction, generated PersonalPOIs.gpx file uploading it into SD card PersonalPOI folder, in Comand Online NGT 5 there is no Personal POI option, however I receive alert signal and warning but icons themselves are not displayed on road, anyone got a chance to make them appearing ? I have C250 AMG 2014 Comand Online NGT 5

Guys done everything according to instruction, generated PersonalPOIs.gpx file uploading it into SD card PersonalPOI folder, in Comand Online NGT 5 there is no Personal POI option, however I receive alert signal and warning but icons themselves are not displayed on road, anyone got a chance to make them appearing ? I have C250 AMG 2014 Comand Online NGT 5

Are you saying your NTG5 is different from what everyone else have?

C-Class - Interactive Owner's Manual

Do I presume for the camera alerts to work I would need my Command to be permanently on the nav screen?

>> Guys done everything according to instruction, generated PersonalPOIs.gpx file uploading it into SD card PersonalPOI folder, in Comand Online NGT 5 there is no Personal POI option, however I receive alert signal and warning but icons themselves are not displayed on road, anyone got a chance to make them appearing ? I have C250 AMG 2014 Comand Online NGT 5

There should be an option called "Visual warning for personal POIs" within the personal POI settings on your Comand system. Make sure this option is ticked.

>> Do I presume for the camera alerts to work I would need my Command to be permanently on the nav screen?

No. The acoustic warning will sound even if the map is displayed - providing your Comand system supports acoustic warnings for Personal POIs.

Regards,
Malcolm

>> There should be an option called "Visual warning for personal POIs" within the personal POI settings on your Comand system. Make sure this option is ticked.

Just to add: icons are not displayed at all map scales. Try zooming in and out to see if they appear.

Regards,
Malcolm

>> Guys done everything according to instruction, generated PersonalPOIs.gpx file uploading it into SD card PersonalPOI folder, in Comand Online NGT 5 there is no Personal POI option, however I receive alert signal and warning but icons themselves are not displayed on road, anyone got a chance to make them appearing ? I have C250 AMG 2014 Comand Online NGT 5

There should be an option called "Visual warning for personal POIs" within the personal POI settings on your Comand system. Make sure this option is ticked.
Malcolm

There is no such option, I found that Comand Online 4.5 is completely different to Comand Online 5 - different options and setups, the only option I have is to show POI that's it, it looks like Comand Online 5 can't display icons and this is due to restrictions of software which been implied on a new car models 2014/2015 which has comand online 5.

I tried doing all of this but the system doesn't recognise there's anything on the memory card.

I can get only audio alert and text at the top but no icon actually showed on the road while approaching, also it doesn't recognize gpx files it will only recognize .gpi file generated by POI Loader and file should be placed in POI folder, you can name it as you want.

My Garmin Map Pilot on Audio 20 does not recognize additional POI. I added the National Trust POI file in .gpi format to the SD card, folder POI. The SAT NAV does not recognize these POI , it just ignores the new file.
I contacted both MB and Garmin customer services , but they provide little help referring me to each other. Any help will be appreciated.

I would also like to add Speed Camera POI.
Thank you.

My Garmin Map Pilot on Audio 20 does not recognize additional POI. I added the National Trust POI file in .gpi format to the SD card, folder POI. The SAT NAV does not recognize these POI , it just ignores the new file.
I contacted both MB and Garmin customer services , but they provide little help referring me to each other. Any help will be appreciated.

I would also like to add Speed Camera POI.
Thank you.

I have an extensive thread in PGPSW on this issue.
Prepare to be disappointed.....
:-/

I have an extensive thread in PGPSW on this issue.
Prepare to be disappointed.....
:-/
Thank you SG94,

Could you please give me a link to your posts on PGPSW, either via MBclub or directly to [email protected].

I have Map Pilot v5. Some people say that when they copied the .gpi files to the /POI folder on the SD card, it worked - on my system it does not.
In addition to the National Trust POI I would like to add Cornish mine locations (available from Garmin website) and a few more.

Regards
Maverick512

I'm also struggling to add POIs to my car. I believe I have NTG 5.5.

Anytime I try to import Personal POIs, it's just stuck on Importing data (this may take several minutes).

I dont know what it is I'm doing wrong

I'm also struggling to add POIs to my car. I believe I have NTG 5.5.

Anytime I try to import Personal POIs, it's just stuck on Importing data (this may take several minutes).

I dont know what it is I'm doing wrong

Likewise. I've just got an E220 Estate 2017 and I can't see how to add the speed cameras. I've tried downloading the .gpx files and putting them in the PersonalPOI folder as others have suggested, but they don't seem to be recognised or loaded.

Can anyone help please?

Sorry Nick, you are out of luck. The functionality to load Personal POIs from SD card has been removed from NTG 5.5 on the new E class. There's no menu option to do this on your version of Comand. Sad but true.

Currently for other 2017 cars with Comand, such as the kkudi's GLA, if you get stuck with the Importing Data message then cancel the message, start the car engine and try again. For some reason that I don't understand, the NTG 4.5 and NTG 4.7 variants will import POIs with the ignition turned off. More recent versions (NTG 5.0, 5.1, 5.2) require the ignition to be on.

Regards,
Malcolm

Sorry Nick, you are out of luck. The functionality to load Personal POIs from SD card has been removed from NTG 5.5 on the new E class. There's no menu option to do this on your version of Comand. Sad but true.

Hmm, there must be a way it's just that we don't know what it is. Sounds like a challenge to me. First step, ask Mercedes (but don't hold your breath!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom