How do I know if my car is a 4matic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kudoss

Car
GLA 220d 4matic AMG Prem Plus
am looking to purchase a GLA220d 4matic AMG Prem Plus.

The car has no badges on the rear and I wanted to ensure this is in fact what It claims to be from the dealer.

From everything i have looked at the prem plus package was only available for amg models and these models were also ALL 4matic. Does anyone know if this is correct?

It won't be an AMG as AMG don't make diesel engines and generally speaking AMG variants only have a two number designation, like my C43 (although some would argue that's also not a 'proper' AMG but that's another discussion...)

The AMG part of that vehicle will mean it has some AMG parts - a body kit, brakes, suspension, etc. but it won't have an AMG engine.

I don't think all AMGs have 4matic either - pretty sure the current C63 is rear wheel drive. I think I may be right in saying all G-Wagons have it though.

The premium plus package is available across the range as far as I know, it adds things like a pano roof, intelligent lighting system, etc. It's certainly a package worth having.

Ahem lol

b969a832877eaf608b9ff29506275a2f.jpeg

Not entirely sure what the 'ahem' was for?

Sorry just having a little fun, The above is a AMG c30 CDI

I dont think they make a Diesel engine anymore bud, But id love to see one of the old ones must be rare as hens teeth.

The AMG being a loosely thrown around term due to elements of the car I think I appreciate and think visually you can see it has these elements. Its the 4matic I suppose I was more unsure about.

It won't be an AMG as AMG don't make diesel engines and generally speaking AMG variants only have a two number designation, like my C43 (although some would argue that's also not a 'proper' AMG but that's another discussion...)

The AMG part of that vehicle will mean it has some AMG parts - a body kit, brakes, suspension, etc. but it won't have an AMG engine.

I don't think all AMGs have 4matic either - pretty sure the current C63 is rear wheel drive. I think I may be right in saying all G-Wagons have it though.

The premium plus package is available across the range as far as I know, it adds things like a pano roof, intelligent lighting system, etc. It's certainly a package worth having.

Thanks for this with my post above does it appear possible this is not a 4matic?

Not entirely sure what the 'ahem' was for?

Thanks. Really appreciated
Currently selected vehicle: Mercedes Benz GLA Class GLA220 2.1 2016 SUV (5 DOORS) (VO66VJD)
Engine No: 65193033658843
Model: GLA-CLASS GLA 220 D 4MATIC AMG LINE PREMIUM PLUS (MK1 (X156))
Power: 174 (130)
Gears: 7
Engine Model: OM651.930
Engine Size: 2143 (2.1)
Valves: 16
Sub Model: GLA220
Fuel Type: DIESEL
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
VIN: WDC1569052J298152
Colour: GREY
Body Plan: SUV (5 DOORS)
Weight: 2075
Drive Type: 4X4
Imported: No
Exported: No
Scrapped: N

The AMG being a loosely thrown around term due to elements of the car I think I appreciate and think visually you can see it has these elements. Its the 4matic I suppose I was more unsure about.

You have to be very careful, because the car you are looking at is an "AMG Line" and nothing increases the blood pressure of "AMG" owners more than someone referring to an "AMG Line" as an "AMG". Hope that's clear. :eek::rolleyes:;)

Enjoy your GLA 220d 4Matic AMG Line 5dr Auto Premium Plus!:D

You have to be very careful, because the car you are looking at is an "AMG Line" and nothing increases the blood pressure of "AMG" owners more than someone referring to an "AMG Line" as an "AMG". Hope that's clear. :eek::rolleyes:;)

Enjoy your GLA 220d 4Matic AMG Line 5dr Auto Premium Plus!:D

I realised this. But I also knew that I would get speedy responses from people to point that out aswell as my other query

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom