• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How do I know if my car is a 4matic?

Some people need to accept that the dreaded three letters "AMG" are quoted quite innocently by owners of certain trim line Mercedes and not get on their high horses and react so condecendingly.

Surely if Mercedes themselves say it's an amg in the product description then it's an amg?

MB call them AMG "line". Missing out "line" seems to upset some people.

Well it demeans the AMG brand and is taking the p*ss with the customer by using the branding by association and zero substance on the AMG 'line' cars.

BMW are no better with 'M Sport' which does the same tacky thing with respect to their real 'M' cars.

Well it demeans the AMG brand and is taking the p*ss with the customer by using the branding by association and zero substance on the AMG 'line' cars.

BMW are no better with 'M Sport' which does the same tacky thing with respect to their real 'M' cars.

I'm shocked that as a member of this forum with 7000 + posts you can post such a comment.

am looking to purchase a GLA220d 4matic AMG Prem Plus.

The car has no badges on the rear and I wanted to ensure this is in fact what It claims to be from the dealer.

From everything i have looked at the prem plus package was only available for amg models and these models were also ALL 4matic. Does anyone know if this is correct?

All GLA220d’s are 4Matic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine even though it's a Line! :p:devil:

There's a whole thread on this subject somewhere lol,

OP didn't even ask if it was an AMG!

It doesn't take much to get it going lol

TBF I looked at a few MB's in the link and sorted by price the company lists AMG Sports and as you scroll down they change there descriptions to AMG line.

Ahem lol

b969a832877eaf608b9ff29506275a2f.jpeg
They were hoping we didn't notice this one. As I understand it this car is rare for a reason. The engine wasn't very good and embarrassed the AMG brand a bit.

OP didn't even ask if it was an AMG!

It doesn't take much to get it going lol

TBF I looked at a few MB's in the link and sorted by price the company lists AMG Sports and as you scroll down they change there descriptions to AMG line.

I thought AMG Sport was a sub-brand that was introduced in 2016 and was killed off almost instantly? That's where the C43 came from, it's was orighinally an AMG Sport C450 but when the brand was killed off it was renamed AMG C43.

I'm shocked that as a member of this forum with 7000 + posts you can post such a comment.

Why?

It was a perfectly reasonable and accurate post. Also, what does a member's post count have to do with the veracity of any comment they make?

I thought AMG Sport was a sub-brand that was introduced in 2016 and was killed off almost instantly? That's where the C43 came from, it's was orighinally an AMG Sport C450 but when the brand was killed off it was renamed AMG C43.

:dk:

Given that AMG has always mostly had the two digit classification I just assumed that AMG sport was an AMG sports package with performance upgrades like suspension, exhaust, brakes and styling but not AMG engine which is the big divider you either have the engine or you don't anything else dilutes the brand.

An AMG line being more the aesthetics trim and so forth either way both are rebranding IMO but if the owner is happy with the car then that's all that matters.

Personally I don't lose too much sleep over these thoughts as it's a never ending cycle where even if you have AMG on your engine, bought from an AMG factory signed by mister AMG! Someone comes along and says "well actually it was mostly built on a assembly line in South Africa and isn't 100% hand built by Hanzle and his children in his front room, so isn't a real AMG" :confused:.

It's great the OP has 4 wheel drive though :D.

Just stop it all of you. It’s a confirmed 4matic as it’s a 220d.

On the other hand, if it’s got AMG mats in it , it’s a bloomin AMG. How many times do we have to go over this ?

Just stop it all of you. It’s a confirmed 4matic as it’s a 220d.

On the other hand, if it’s got AMG mats in it , it’s a bloomin AMG. How many times do we have to go over this ?

Just ordered my AMG mats :D

Edit:

I'm sorry I can't resist I have to get all the cheekiness out before I go home to my missus as it Valentines day.

But .............

8ef7b882030360f30ede49cd29697279.jpg

I saw this and had to :rolleyes:

I have a 2019 E220d AMG Line, night edition. My paperwork from the dealer says under specification: "E 220d 4Matic AMG Line estate."

There's no 4Matic badge on the car and the Brochure from the dealer only list 4matic under the Eclass all terrain edition, e400, e53/63.

So is mine 4matic? Or just a error on my paperwork? On my v5 under drive train it says "2 axel rigid body"

Any advice info welcome.

Thanks

^^^^ See if there are drive shafts attached to the front wheels ...that should do it .
not really sure what to look for?

Attachments

• 20211031_125305.jpg
    20211031_125305.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20211031_125326.jpg
    20211031_125326.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom