How do I make use of the bluetooth function Audio 20 2004 c200 coupé

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RajKV

Car
Mercedes-Benz C200 coupé
I've recently got my self a 2004 C200 coupé. Audio 20 is the factory unit. it has the phone button on the steering wheel and the "TEL" button and number dial on the Audio unit.
How do I connect my phone to this with out having to change the unit completely and still be able to use the phone buttons on my steering wheel?

Do you have a socket in your centre glove box ? If you do you may need either Visio or HPF module.

I couldn't find any sockets or inputs of any form anywhere in the glove or centre glove box

Whatever you do via viseoo or HPF plugged in to the 'hot shoe' you will only be able to use it for the telephone. If you have the factory installed socket be VERY careful which MB supplied HPF unit you buy, they all look the same but work differently depending on car/set up etc.

In all honesty if you plan to keep the car replace the Audio 20 with a more modern unit that does it all. Available on line or a decent car audio company

Whatever you do via viseoo or HPF plugged in to the 'hot shoe' you will only be able to use it for the telephone. If you have the factory installed socket be VERY careful which MB supplied HPF unit you buy, they all look the same but work differently depending on car/set up etc.

In all honesty if you plan to keep the car replace the Audio 20 with a more modern unit that does it all. Available on line or a decent car audio company
Didn't really want to lose the functionality of the steering wheel button or deviate from the original facia of the interior tbh.
Do you know what the purpose of this module is MERCEDES C W203 00-09 COUPE BLUETOOTH CONTROL MODULE ECU 2118200885?

No idea. But to give you a clue my 2006 C55 AMG estate was the most expensive C class you could buy in that year, mine came with Audio 20 (Harman Kardon) even then the HFP unit was an extra cost item and the buttons on the dashboard that look like they might operate the phone do nothing. It's all off the steering wheel and quite frankly compared to modern stuff not very good.

Don't worry about deviating from the original facia , just keep the old unit and put it back in when you sell the car, the next owner would probably prefer you didn't though. My car is rare (one of possibly 60 in the UK) , If I was using it for long trips where nav/music/telephone were required I would remove the stock head unit in a heartbeat and just keep the old one to one side.

Decent replacements units with nav/android/apple are available for not much money and fill the space in the dash as if they came from the factory. And with some the steering wheel functions still work.

Do you have a 3.5 mm female jack plug in the side of the glovebox on the passenger side ? If not you will need to install one to play music by plugging in a phone/ipod.

This really is a can of worms as more and more suggestions come along the more confusing it gets. Not all Audio 20 units are the same configuration even if they look the same.

First look if you have a connection for the MB HFP unit.

I binned my factory audio 20 and fitted a Pioneer Avic-920 that does everything bar tea and coffee. Not cheap at nearly £1200 with all the bits and pieces, but well worth the time and cost. It allows me a choice of three satnav apps, DAB/FM/AM/CD/AUX inputs/2x USB

I did the whole job including a new shark fin antenna that does the GPS/DAB/AM/FM

If you do not have the cradle connector in the glove box then you do not have telephone-prewiring.

As said, if you do install all of the MB connections etc you will still be left with a system that can only stream telephone calls and has very poor functionality overall.

As you are in London discuss the options with these people, they are MB electronics experts: Catalog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom