How do I open Fuel filler cap on 190E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianturner

Hi I have just bought my first mercedes which is a 190E but I cannot see any reference in the drivers handbook on how to open the fuel filler cap.

Help please I'm getting low on fuel!

many thanks

if you can help

Do you mean the cap itself, or the metal bodywork part of the car?

If its the latter, press in the right hand side and it should open up...

The metal door is on a pivot so like said previously pushing the righ side will open it.

Congrat for your 190e! Its a cool car, and alot of things to do.

If you have a minute look at www.190revolution.net, its an other forum of 190e owner, see ya!

If it is not unlocking with the car, then the sliding lock is jammed.:crazy:

You can get at that via the boot, I don't remember the details, but the manual should tell you.:confused:

Fuel cap problem on 190E

Thank you to everyone who replied to my question re opening the flap of the fuel cap on my 190E which I have just purchased

I thought it might spring open when you pushed a button or something like that and didn't realise it was on a rocker action, so thought it best to ask you guys rather than poke about and do some damage.

So problem solved

many thanks

P.S. you are right when you say it is a very 'cool car' I cannot believe you get so much for your money!

The neighbours are green with envy but ironically their cars cost much more than mine and I could have Four x 190E's for what most of them have paid for their own cars.

Even their new cars look 'mingers' beside my 190E

Does anyone have a theory on why people waste a shed load of money on rubbish, when you can have a prestige car for a fraction of the price?

Re: Fuel cap problem on 190E

Originally posted by ianturner
Does anyone have a theory on why people waste a shed load of money on rubbish, when you can have a prestige car for a fraction of the price?

You need to ask them that mate.:confused:

Welcome to the Best Mercedes Forum.:bannana: :bannana:

sensible of you to ask first ..

I bought my 190E last week and on way home. stopped at a petrol station and couldnt open the fuel cap!!

looked funny me and my 2 other mates till a kind mercedes driver pulled up and we asked him how to open it!!

didnt realise it was on a swing action!!

girl in petty station sure did give us funny looksand thought we were joy riding or something!

Originally posted by thewaj
sensible of you to ask first ..

I bought my 190E last week and on way home. stopped at a petrol station and couldnt open the fuel cap!!

looked funny me and my 2 other mates till a kind mercedes driver pulled up and we asked him how to open it!!

didnt realise it was on a swing action!!

girl in petty station sure did give us funny looksand thought we were joy riding or something!

Never mind you will get used to the newfangled thing.:D

Welcome to the forum.:bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom