How do I remove the cone shaped dash vent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpod

Car
Merc C180k 2005
Hi I did search and could not find this. I would like to remove the top mounted large cone shaped vent on my W203 C Class.

Am I right in thinking I need to remove the two cylinder shaped vents above the stereo first? To release it?

I have been solving rattles and the mesh vent taps! so I want to sound proof it a little. Thanks.

Sniff....I did it. Remove the centre vents facing you with a small screw driver, push the little tabs to the side and undo the lower screws in each corner. Hold the gripper tabs above it down and slide it out.

The cone shaped grill can be pushed upwards from two black plastic skewer tabs (use a torch to see them ) with a long screwdriver...the plastic tabs are fragile and tend to break...I fished the bits out with tweezers.

I dampened the mesh vent with little squares of plastercine and refitted all. No tapping now.

Incidentally, for all the quite car freaks the other places I dampened on my car were 1 above the speedo cluster - beneath the dash above the speedo....2 a rattly strip of black plastic above the speedo and 3 beneath two wire springs that tension the black concertina card that goes up and down with the steering wheel adjustment.

No more rattly dash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom