How do I remove this panel to install AUX cable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajs37

Car
2016 B180 1.6
Hi all - the car is a C180 W203 (2006) - I need to remove the panel on the left hand side of the passenger footwell
I am installing an AUX socket/cable - I have removed the sill and found he socket the cable plugs into - now I need to thread it up to the glove box - and I can't work out how to remove the panel - I don't want to pull too hard in the wrong direction!

Any help gratefully received!
Cheers
Andy

Hi all - the car is a C180 W203 (2006) - I need to remove the panel on the left hand side of the passenger footwell
I am installing an AUX socket/cable - I have removed the sill and found he socket the cable plugs into - now I need to thread it up to the glove box - and I can't work out how to remove the panel - I don't want to pull too hard in the wrong direction!

Any help gratefully received!
Cheers
Andy

It is probably held in with a single screw. Look at the centre of the panel. Is there an ovular covering over a hole that prises out? If so, remove this with a small screwdriver. Loosen the screw off and remove it.

The panel is also clipped into place. Look at where it meets the door frame. Just prise the clips off and out it comes!

hope this helps,

Thanks Alfie - just finished putting it all back together - works a treat with my Creative Labs Zen Xtra - no volume problems at all!
Those clips were difficult until I realised I had to pull the door rubber off!!! Easy after that
thanks
Andy

Re: AUX Socket

Hi there, could you tell me where the socket is and what it looks likel colour and amount of wires? I have a 54 plate 2004 C180K.

Cheers
Mark.

Thanks Alfie - just finished putting it all back together - works a treat with my Creative Labs Zen Xtra - no volume problems at all!
Those clips were difficult until I realised I had to pull the door rubber off!!! Easy after that
thanks
Andy

Hi,
I fitted it a week ago. and i believe that it's a must have component. I found the connector very close to the front of the passenger side, literally under the panel that you have to remove for the installation.

There may be a couple of unplugged connectors, but this one is distinctive, as it was the only white connector available. It has 4 wires on it; a naked silver cable, and yellow brown and black ones. If you actually have the required cable harness (part# A 210 440 50 05) you'll see the same colour coded cables on it.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom