How do I reset my sunroof?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
The Mobilo guy came, fixed a starting problem and left. I saw him do the right lock / left lock things that's supposed to reset everything but now my sun roof doesn't worrk properly at all. How do I reset that?

Does it work? The one touch is set by opening and holding it for three seconds, the same for the close. If this is wrong it should say in the hand book. I will have a look tonight when I get home.

Thanks Malcolm, that did the trick.

Currently I'm running a 2004 CL600, a replacement car while mine is in the bodyshop.

I have a similar problem with the sunroof on this but it has failed to reset.

It opens all right. But when I go to close it, either by the interior button or convenience closing, it won't close. The only way to close it is by holding the interior button until it fully closes.

I've tried the reset but no joy. Any ideas?

Does the roof move smoothly? Could be a lubrication issue, if takes too much force to move it, auto closure would not work.

It is moving smoothly and there is no obstruction that I can see yet, when closing, it moves to a point about 1/4 closed and then moves back to fully open.

It is moving smoothly and there is no obstruction that I can see yet, when closing, it moves to a point about 1/4 closed and then moves back to fully open.

That sounds very odd to me, if it was not moving smoothly, it should just go backwards a bit "when it assumes it hit an object".

That's what it looks like, it has encountered an obstruction and moves backwards. Can't see anything but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Update: I've checked and there are no obstructions. I've also discovered that it's doing the same thing when opened upwards, i.e balking at closing from that position.

I've decided that I need to pull the fuse for the sunroof and rest it. Trouble is the fuse allocation chart is missing. Does anyone know which fuse is for the sunroof in a 2004 CL600?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom