How do I select Aux on the stereo W204 model C180?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano-benz

I have purchased a C180k 2008 however I think that I must have the wrong stereo manual. I have an audio 20 owners manual but my stereo looks different.
In this manual to select 'aux' you have to hold in the CDC button for longer than 2 seconds. However my stereo does not have CDC button. I have attached a picture of the stereo which is fitted to my car. Any help gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG00183-20100512-2152.jpg
    IMG00183-20100512-2152.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 172
What does your user manual (for the head unit) say? The copy I have states that you should select CD, CD/MP3 first and AUX from the following menu.

hi
You have to press SYS button and select AUX via that. Aduio 20 and Audio 50 look same in w204. APS 50 had audio DVD and DVD navigation. ( front loading changer with 6 slots)

hi
You have to press SYS button and select AUX via that. Aduio 20 and Audio 50 look same in w204. APS 50 had audio DVD and DVD navigation. ( front loading changer with 6 slots)

But this was not a head unit with CDC. Does not work from the SYS menu in my wife's 204, just checked from the car.

Hi
Ignore my last post. To enter AUX menu: Select Disc then MP3 and then AUX.
Thanx

Right still no joy. I push the disc button and all that comes up is 'no cd' as there is not one loaded. There is no option on the screen to then select aux. Which button am I meant to press after 'disc' to then find aux?

It should appear MP3 on left bottom corner after Your press Disc. Once you go in MP3 you can select AUX from Drop down list. From pic it appears you have audio 20 as in audio 50 there is NAV button under Radio button.
Hope this helps.

No have tried it numerous times. Only cd appears in the bottom left corner...? Its a real mystery.

Hmmm...

On my W204's Audio 20 unit you first press Disc on the main control pad. The display then shows "No Disc" in the middle, and along the bottom of the display is a band saying: MP3.............Folder..............Sound

Press the controller dial on the armrest towards the rear of the car to activate the menu, and scroll left to MP3 and press it to select. A list menu then appears from which you select "Aux".

No, as stated in my first original post the stereo was different to the manual. The instructions never corresponded with with what was on my stereo. Here is a picture of the manual that came with the car.

Attachments

• IMG00194-20100514-0800.jpg
    IMG00194-20100514-0800.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 101
No, as stated in my first original post the stereo was different to the manual. The instructions never corresponded with with what was on my stereo. Here is a picture of the manual that came with the car.

Sorry but I did miss that. Why not go to your dealer and ask the correct manual?

Hey no problem DB. Well its a bit of a long story...I purchased a car from a local used official Mercedes dealer. I pay the deposit and agree when I can collect the car. After a few days they then tell me that they cant find the logbook so obviously I cannot take the vehicle. I'm none too pleased, so in order top keep me happy they let me have their C180k till mine is ready. Obviously it gives me a chance to get used to the stereo etc...hence why I have the aux problem. This is the manual which they have for the car which I am borrowing so obviously when they come to sell this at some point somebody will end up with the same problem.

how to activate aux audio 20 w204

No have tried it numerous times. Only cd appears in the bottom left corner...? Its a real mystery.

Hello, I have the same problem. I'm not able to activate aux on my c-class w204 with audio20. Please could you help me?
Only CD appears in the bottom left corner. Thanks

select cd then use navigation button down left bottom select aux !!! connect your iPod or iPhone via cable to aux exit !! sounds will be lower then cd or radio !!

You have to press SYS button and select AUX via that. Aduio 20 and Audio 50 look same in w204.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom