How do I tell if I can fit heating electric seat elements to my leather interior?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
Just thinking about another mod and was wondering how can I tell if the leather seats are suitable for this?

Just thinking about another mod and was wondering how can I tell if the leather seats are suitable for this?

There is a specific model insert for the leather on a W202. It is really just to fit the cut-pattern.

In the W202 seat heating is done with insertable heating elements. In the W203 it is attached to the actual leather.

You can fit after-market heating pads between the seat cushion and it's cover, leather or cloth makes no difference.

There are instructions for retro-fitting heated seats to the W202. Whether the "kit" is still available, who knows.

There are instructions for retro-fitting heated seats to the W202. Whether the "kit" is still available, who knows.

This was new to me, I have not seen a retrofit kit for seat heating before, but I've mainly been reading info for other car models.

The "kit" would involve new seat covers as the heaters are sewn into the covers.

Attachments

• W202 retrofit seat heater.jpg
    W202 retrofit seat heater.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105
yep heater elements are part of the cover, not cheap either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom