How do i turn off traffic news Audio 10 permanently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littledigger

Car
CLK 2004 270CDI
It irritates me to the core that when i've got the sound turned right up, listening to my favourite Burt Bacharat cd, suddenly the local traffic news comes on 2 stops louder and ruins my 'lost in the music' mood. :wallbash:

Could someone please tell me how to turn this off or at least make it not butt in when i'm not even listening to the radio in the first place. :crazy:

Pull over to the side of the road, grab a chisel or screwdriver or something and just repeatedly stab it into the front of the set whilst shouting bas**** bas**** bas****.
Then lift your left foot up and finsh the job by stamping your heel into the front of the set. If you can, drag the shattered remains out of the dash and fling them into the path of a passing HGV.
I hate TA too. Sorry.

Will that work for Audio 30 also? If it does...brill.

I've noticed that TA re-activates itself in my S211.
Is this a feature?

Well, don't think it's supposed to.
If I deactivate TA via the screen key in COMAND, a couple of days later I sometimes find that I'm getting TAs again.
Hate it.

Have you put the MY2007 firmware update on your 211 ? I don't know if that is something that gets fixed in that, or whether its just your unit or what - but its worth a try

Richard

I've done the update that puts ETA on the map view screen. Is that the one you mean?

I've done the update that puts ETA on the map view screen. Is that the one you mean?

Yes.

If the car is older than early 2006 then it may need the AGW having its firmware updated using Star Diagnosis (again, all I know is there is an AGW updated which fixes some TMC stuff, I dont know if it happens to fix the issue you see)

R

Ok thanks Richard.
Mine was built April 2004.
Will be going in for a service in a couple of months so will ask if all updates have been applied.

Just thinking about this, sometimes when I switch on, the radio is tuned to (I think) 87.5 MHz. Isn't that the bottom end of the FM scale? It's like the power has dropped out whilst switched off.
If I press any of the preset keys, it tunes into what I had stored so doesn't appear to lose its memory.
Just wondering if TA re-activates itself when this radio reset thingie happens?

Well, don't think it's supposed to.
If I deactivate TA via the screen key in COMAND, a couple of days later I sometimes find that I'm getting TAs again.
Hate it.

You are not alone. This happens to me. It is beyond annoying! I also have that newer firmware disc and have applied the updates.

My belief (in my case at least) is that the COMAND unit somehow develops this amnesia when the head unit DVD slot starts to have difficulty reading my DVD-R MP3 disc. It is very weird behaviour! If I leave the disc in permanently (the desirable option) then the player will gradually have more and more difficulty playing the MP3 tracks. As this continues, at some stage the bloody thing will re-introducing TA.

If I leave the DVD disc out, then I don't seem to have any problems. Also, when I then put the DVD disc in, it will read it perfectly on that occasion. Until I stop for a while, or leave it in overnight for example, when the whole thing kicks off again.

Can someone please tell me, as an aside, how to stop all those phantom blank messages appearing in COMAND? I have the SAP module in the armrest, and occasionally when travelling along I hear the SMS announcement beep and go to see what has come in. There is a new SMS in the list, but it has no sender details, nor does it contain any text. This can happen several times in a single journey, or not at all.

Answers on a postcard to...

The tuners are within the AGW - so I do guess if it lost power, crashed, reset itself then it would come back at base frequency and with TA on.

So, ask them to check the firmware on the AGW is up to date because of above. Its a 20 minute update in Star diagnosis.

Richard

Can someone please tell me, as an aside, how to stop all those phantom blank messages appearing in COMAND? I have the SAP module in the armrest, and occasionally when travelling along I hear the SMS announcement beep and go to see what has come in. There is a new SMS in the list, but it has no sender details, nor does it contain any text. This can happen several times in a single journey, or not at all.

Answers on a postcard to...

Are they MMS rather than SMS coming in ?

Who is Burt Bacharat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom