How do you get away with spending so much on your p&j...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But I haven't even chosen the car yet - is she pyschic do you think?

If you're right she knows what I think :D

They all are mate, they know when you're going to have an arguement even before you do!!

Sorry thought the 150 was for a purchase, but she may have communicated with me without me even knowing either??

I'm lucky i have a lady that loves cars as much as i do.

For me, it's all about what you enjoy the most.

I forego spending money on other things to indulge my vice for fast cars (I don't have Sky, a smart phone, a cockpad, smoking or drinking or drug habit, monthly phone contract, any other hobbies that cost lots of money, any expensive clothes, bling, expensive kitchen or bathrooms, massive house we can't easily afford (been there, done that) etc. etc.)

In fact my misses encouraged me to buy my current steed - otherwise I might not have done.

However, she knew it would make me happy and it is pretty much the only hobby I have that costs real money.

Although a car is usually the second most expensive thing you can buy, in some ways this helps as I would have a car anyway.

So I simply draw a line at normal vehicular expenditure, and anything on top is paying for my hobby.

At the moment, my E55K is cheaper to run overall than my previous Saab 9-5.

You only live once and you cannot take it with you. What is the point of getting to 80, if you even make that, looking back at all the things you could or should have done?

I have no free time, I work too much and have 3 kids under 7.
A small pleasure i can muster is motoring, where i get peace if only for a few minutes or hours.
Either total relaxed in the s600 or excited in the sl60amg.

One of the things I like about owning a MB is how little they can cost for a marque that is great to own, drive and enjoy. Modding can be as simple as making it very shiny!!

I am on probably a third of the income I enjoyed when I bought my 1st MB, but can still afford to run a superb car for not much less than another make. In cost terms, 11 year old CLK vs 5 year old Mondeo. Hmmmmmm, let me see..... :rock:

So how is your Mondeo ? :D:D

its all a matter of priorities
I dont drink, dont smoke and dont indulge in drugs, i work hard and get paid well for what i do. Cars are my passion, much to my wife's consternation. my only regret is changing my cars so often to get to the one i have which is a keeper, though my wife has heard that one before.

Enjoy your money and never feel guilty for your indulgences, you know if the worst comes about you can always sell up, painful as that would be..in the end its only a car, there are alot more important things in life that do matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom