How do you programme keys on a W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisradioman

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any help.
I own a 2002 C220 CDI & the key stopped working I pulled out the batteries & checked the voltages 2.3 & 2.4V which is not to bad, I put it all together & it still wouldn't work.
I pulled apart my mothers key a 2004 C180 which worked fine, checked the voltages & again they were 2.3 & 2.4V irronically.

I noticed on my mothers key the batteries were much tighter than mine in the holder so I bent the clip on mine & now mine works.
When I put my mothers together again hers didn't work, now she thinks I robbed the good parts off hers to mke mine work lol.

I am 100% certain the same bits went back in, I think the problem is that I left her batteries out to long, how can I sort this out, her spare key doesn't work either but I didn't check this before.

Also I bought a second hand key for mine & a brand new blade, is there anyway to make this work on my car?
:D

The second hand key cannot be made to work for your car.

the key fobs are coded by Mercedes at the point of order so NEVER buy a second hand fob or blade as its no good to you at all

a somplete key now it about 99 to 150 quid

^ £240.

Well van ones off the same style of fob i revently sold with blade £99.99

God i wish i had a pound for every time i had seen or been asked this question!!!!!!! id have enough to buy a new key!!:thumb:

£200 + for cars. I enquired the other day.

£200 + for cars. I enquired the other day.
jeez why so much difference between car and Vans??

I know the a-class keys are bit cheaper cos the sprinter chassis cab vans now use the same key as the a-class

go buy new batterys they are cr2025 and i think they should be above 3.0 volts you bought a bit of plastic not a key

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom