How do you report dangerous driving when on a motorway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
I thought I had seen it all!

Tonight on my way home I was on the M25 heading clockwise from Heathrow. Traffic was slow but after the M3 started to speed up. I was in the middle lane the traffic was travelling at around 60mph. In my rear view mirror I noticed a black Audi A6 Avant (I got the reg!) straddling the outside and inside lane. The driver was on his mobile phone and he was surging and travelling on the tail of the car in front. He caused the vehicle behind me to have to swerve towards the inside lane in order to avoid him. I sounded my horn as he was now behind me but he totally ignored me, I moved into the inside lane as there was a space. This all happened in the space of a mile or 2 between Junction 10 and 11.

I dialled 999 and reported it but not sure what if anything happened as I came off at J11.

So whats the correct way to report a driving offence like this, surely its not a case of calling 999 for every idiot like this or if you see someone on their mobile?

Any ideas?

I don't think there is a lot you could do other than note his registration number and location then report it at your local police station.

Lack of evidence or the 'meh' factor from the officers will probably mean this will not be followed up.

A fine example of poor driving with multiple breaches of the Road Traffic Act. Bet he wasn't speeding though .......... :(

No he wasnt as the traffic wouldn't let him. It was the look of arrogance on his face as he went by, I would love to have wiped that off with my fist (not that I am a violent kind of person!) as it made me feel like he completely disregarded other road users.

I have now decided that I hate Audi's :)

You'll be wasting your time. I witnessed 4 oiks in a bmw pull alongside another car at 70mph and throw a full beer bottle at the other car, which exploded on its side window making several cars including me swerve to avoid the glass.
The police were not even interested in taking the registration, I insisted they did, but heard nothing after :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom