How do you View your AMG??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above,

How do you Peeps view your Amg? Do you Love your car or is it just a big play thing??

This is Brutus
merc85-albums-brutus-interior-picture10645-e55.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-interior-picture10724-p1010050.jpg

Now there isn't much i haven't done to it, Nor been done to it, Please believe me when i say it's abit of a Beast, and lalala go like this n that. I've heard it all before too.:D

I've come to the conclusion i dont Love it :confused: BUT!! It's a thrill to drive, It looks good, and go's like the :devil: Literally sometimes i think it would be able to rip your throat out without hesitation, then go to dinner that evening like nowt has happened.

The problem i had with my previous car, my s211 e320 cdi, it did everything really well, But it never excited me it was just boringly reliable and comfortable.

Brutus is exactly like a "whore" Absolute Thrill a miniute but you wouldnt want to marry it, or take it home to your parents place and say hey Mum and dad this is my Wife to be.

Everytime i drive Brutus its a Occasion there is always a thrill and it attracts attention, But..... yeah i dont know what the answer is, I think id miss it if i sold it, But i wouldn't be as upset as some may think i would be. "I may be Wrong"

Sorry for the Long post but how do others think about there AMG's I think if it was a 2nd car and used purely for pleasure eg for the want of a Drive only Then it wins hands down.

Bit of both really, its my main car so lets say - it gets driven.

but on the other hand its cared for and nurtured also.

a necessity and a hobby :)

Having the same model I understand what you' re saying, but my E55 is staying in my ownership until the E63 Biturbo is in my price range.

I can't justify paying over £25k for any car TBH. Depreciation is a cruel fact of life when it comes to car ownership.

The E55 is the best car I've owned to date and although, as you know, I toyed with the idea of selling some time back, I'm glad I didn't.

Maybe the answer for you is to get a cheap runabout for a daily and use the E55 as a weekend/special car?

Have you started on the sauce a bit early this Friday? :D

No btw lol, I've spent alot of time with the car too and from London, and covered 5,000 miles so far in my ownership. Not even a Year yet,

Just finding it hard to Love it as much as i think i should, But i don't dislike it either not that makes much sense lol

Last edited:
Thanks AMGeed, I'm thinking that way, Also been thinking along the lines of say find a 2006- e500 5.5 n/a estate instead of brutus, "yes i know" thin on the ground but a better alrounder for my needs.

I do miss a Estate, not that it's a necessity

Mine's no AMG but it is the best car I've owned by far but I don't "love" it. I'm really happy with it, but I loved my crappy Ford SportKa and my RX8. I don't know why...

^You would miss that instant shove in the back going down to a n/a I think.

All that money and time you spent getting the car how you wanted and now you should be enjoying using it, not thinking of selling it.
If you do sell, someone will be getting an excellent example.

^You would miss that instant shove in the back going down to a n/a I think.

All that money and time you spent getting the car how you wanted and now you should be enjoying using it, not thinking of selling it.
If you do sell, someone will be getting an excellent example.

Yes you maybe right, I have been using it, But just have that feeling inside, Also i dont think it's help my experience by doing all these jobs on it,

I am very fussy with my cars and if something's not quite right it bugs the devil out of me until its sorted, I'm doing the Rear brakes on it Monday lol and i think i may go down the lines of a 2nd Cheaper vehicle and using Brutus for what i enjoy it for "The drive"

i view my CLS63 as a realistic dream car for me and consider myself really lucky to be in position to have one. I don't drive the car daily so I never quite get used to the sheer speed of the thing or the noise so it'll be another keeper.

I can almost envisage me hanging onto the CLS for years but ending up with another AMG of some description.

Put it this way, I don't use it often at all but I wouldn't want to be without a car with 500bhp just because! :)

I use my s55 as a weekend toy, I understand exactly what you are saying though... my CL55 I loved, it felt like an occasion every time I was in it but for whatever reason I don't get that feeling in the s class.

If I could have sex with my car, I would - even though it's pretty masculine.

Just sayin...

If I could have sex with my car, I would - even though it's pretty masculine.

Just sayin...

Lmao!

I've owned the c63 for around 3 years now I suppose. It's not a daily driver so only gets used on the odd weekend. There's times when I get close to thinking about selling due to the fact it does a few hundred miles between services and seems a waste. Then I go out for a blast and change my mind lol. I don't think it's necessarily a pretty looking car but it's a mean car.

I genuinely love mine. It's faultless.

E220d 'AMG' Night Edition. :D

i may go down the lines of a 2nd Cheaper vehicle and using Brutus for what i enjoy it for "The drive"

That is most certainly what I'd do. You only need a cheap reliable runner for work:bannana:

Both Mrs D and I drive ours every day, and for us the ability to do pretty much anything you could ask a car to do, and do it really well, is a big part of the appeal.

So we really do use ours for everything: school run, work commute, supermarket, nights out, road trips, 1000 mile overnight dash, towing a caravan, enjoying great drivering roads, the list goes on. Never tracked them though.

That should make them boring jack of all trades, and numb the sense of occasion, but they really are superb cars.

Sell it and it will be the biggest regret in your motoring life... one member still can't come to terms with departure of his E55. John boy, the CL500 owner.

Love mine, ML63 2007 so the proper 6.2 ltr engine. Dont care about the fuel costs or 12 MPG - It's worth it. Done 4000 miles in 3 months in it now and it still puts a grin on my face every morning when I start it up and drive it to work.

I've only had mine a month and a bit but I'm bonding with it much more than I ever did with my V10 S6. Feels soo much more of an occasion in E55, I look forward to driving it every opportunity I can, even if it's pottering to the shops in comfort with the wife in tow

As above,

How do you Peeps view your Amg? Do you Love your car or is it just a big play thing??

Now there isn't much i haven't done to it, Nor been done to it, Please believe me when i say it's abit of a Beast, and lalala go like this n that. I've heard it all before too.:D

I've come to the conclusion i dont Love it :confused: BUT!! It's a thrill to drive, It looks good, and go's like the :devil: Literally sometimes i think it would be able to rip your throat out without hesitation, then go to dinner that evening like nowt has happened.

The problem i had with my previous car, my s211 e320 cdi, it did everything really well, But it never excited me it was just boringly reliable and comfortable.

Brutus is exactly like a "whore" Absolute Thrill a miniute but you wouldnt want to marry it, or take it home to your parents place and say hey Mum and dad this is my Wife to be.

Everytime i drive Brutus its a Occasion there is always a thrill and it attracts attention, But..... yeah i dont know what the answer is, I think id miss it if i sold it, But i wouldn't be as upset as some may think i would be. "I may be Wrong"

Sorry for the Long post but how do others think about there AMG's I think if it was a 2nd car and used purely for pleasure eg for the want of a Drive only Then it wins hands down.

Oh dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom