How do you View your AMG??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im actually thinking of a s210 7seater only a Cheap old plodder i can take the family out it. Keep Brutus for a drive experience.

Sounds as though your pining for your E320Cdi back Gavin... I wanted to buy that but Mrs French said it was too big for her to drive...I was honestly gutted as you made that car perfect!

Yes French i do miss it, I know it was only a old I6 but it was nr immaculate relatively quick and ultra reliable with mpg to match, The kids loved it too and it was so versatile.

BUT because it was perfect it became a little boring if you get me. I wish i had Both lol that would have been ideal,

Enjoyed all my AMG's and I was lucky enough to have had three great cars in the last 4 years. Personally i don't get attached to them, I buy them mod them then move on. Great cars and I enjoyed every minute but most of all I have met the best people and new friends along the way!!

An expensive toy.
It's my daily drive and I Love the sound every time I start her up.
I had a V8 itch and everything that I read said the C63 met my requirements more than the alternatives.
I justified the costs to myself using Man Maths and she is more practical than the Boxster that I traded in for her.
I've only had her since January so I am definitely still in the honeymoon period.
I am looking forward to enjoying her for a few more years.

As far as the wedding analogy is concerned, the C63 was never intended as a forever love but I am hoping for a significant relationship.
I am looking forward to enjoying the wife for many more years than that ;-)

Pretty much reflect whats already been said, mine is a daily driver too, glides me back and forward to work, then like this weekend a bonkers drive up to and in Scotland with amazing sound track...

I bought my cls 55 AMG as it was my dream car. I love driving it as it's my weekend car. I've hummed and harred a lot to sell it and get another AMG, but I'm just kidding myself as when it comes to the crunch I cannot come to terms to let it go! The decision has been made for me by the kids to keep it and get another AMG when required but never sell the cls. It's my first amg coming from owning numerous M5's and it's the longest I've ever kept a car but boy do I love it and the satisfaction of driving it is excellent. :) image-2002963444.jpg

Last edited:
I too have been looking at different cars, two I blame on SPX ,as he changes his cars like underpants.
There are only two cars out there to replace an E55K - XFR/XFR-S or a facelift E63 Bi-Turbo

if I am honest I Liked my C32 more...odd I know ?:dk:
The C32 is a nutter, mine cost a fortune to keep on the road and the build quality was woeful but I loved the old girl, such an understated and quick car.

The C32 was a fantastic car. I still miss mine :(

There are only two cars out there to replace an E55K - XFR/XFR-S or a facelift E63 Bi-Turbo

What about the RS6 Avant...I really like them ,although (silly I know) not a big fan of 4 wheel drive, the biturbo 5.0 engine seems very impressive:cool: & cancels that out .

I use mine for long journeys and for transporting 4 people rapidly in comfort and with a bit of fun along the way. I've got another car I would rather take out on a Sunday morning b road blast/track day and one for commuting.

I also use my 55 wagon for taking crap to the dump and scaring people in 911s! I have really enjoyed bringing it back from rusty retirement and modding it mildly.
I have a C55 wagon. what 'mild' mods have you done to it ? I had hoped to bump (not literally) into another C55 owner and have a chat. But I have not seen a single one on the road since I bought mine in December.

I have a GTR, C63 and CLS55
The only one I question ownership of is the R35 [emoji53] I don't know why but the others are such complete cars... I'm surprised myself at my reaction!

I think we buy these cars with our hearts and not our heads.

our AMG's are not the most economical nor the cheapest to run with replacement parts, but that one time on a sunny day you get to flex the big toe and it puts a smile on your face makes it totally worth it.

I'm sure we all work long hours and have a nagging wife. I share my bank balance, house and everything else....except for my garage and my car!!

I still get excited to get up super early once in a while on a weekend, just to give it the beans with nobody else on the road.

To add to my previous response. Driving back to our villa today with all the windows down and my two and five year old girls shouting "faster daddy" as I gave it a moderate amount of beans. Enough to really hear the V8 and put a smile on the face of everyone in the car.

Headers and primary decat helps!

Last edited:
I still get excited to get up super early once in a while on a weekend, just to give it the beans with nobody else on the road.

I did exactly that this morning at 5 30am. Had to go to Heathrow via the A31/M27/M3/M25.
I had a red Ferrari tailing me through the forest and he passed me at around xxx mph. Not sure which model it was but it had a huge air scoop each side on the rear with a single exhaust pipe poking out of each.

As we hit the M27, he floored it and I joined in:devil::ban:. For about 15 seconds the E55 just sang, so smooth, relentless acceleration until we backed off. Stupid? yes, irresponsible? yes but a totally clear road and what fun. He didn't pull away either which surprised me.
Got a thumbs up when he took the Portsmouth direction and I pulled alongside him. Its the rare times like that that make me love the car even more.
I wouldn't have participated had there been any other cars in the vicinity and I took my chance with the patrol cars hiding.

Please, no posts telling me I should be banned. I've heard it before.
I'm a bad boy and I know it.;)

Suky Sangha said:
I bought my cls 55 AMG as it was my dream car. I love driving it as it's my weekend car. I've hummed and harred a lot to sell it and get another AMG, but I'm just kidding myself as when it comes to the crunch I cannot come to terms to let it go! The decision has been made for me by the kids to keep it and get another AMG when required but never sell the cls. It's my first amg coming from owning numerous M5's and it's the longest I've ever kept a car but boy do I love it and the satisfaction of driving it is excellent. :)

Nice Brabus wheels buddy :)

I have a C55 wagon. what 'mild' mods have you done to it ? I had hoped to bump (not literally) into another C55 owner and have a chat. But I have not seen a single one on the road since I bought mine in December.

You will struggle to bump into another owner unless you go to a meet arranged here. There only around 120 in the country.

I had a rather lovely one with some nice mods, sadly it was totally written off by a bell end in a Ford Ranger.

I know what you mean, Ive had my E55k Estate for about 6 months now, its really only in the last month or so that ive really started to bond with it.

For some reason I had more LOVE for my old 210 E55 Estate even though the newer car is better in nearly everyway, I think part of my experience with the older car i bought was it almost needing rescuing, it wasnt bad but it needed wheels refurbing, some rust sorting, some minor mechanical bits doing and I really enjoyed that part of the process. We had been through that together!

The Black E55k Estate was/is in near perfect condition inside and out, she didnt need me as much lol. Ive been cycling to work this past few months and only use the car a couple of times a week but when I do it now really does feel very special and ive really started to love it.

Ive always changed my cars quite regularly, its almost like I love cars with flaws more which the E55k Estate doesnt have many - which is pretty dam stupid!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom