How does this happen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Back in November (4th) on a particularly long and unpleasant day I parked on High Street at Orpington. I remember being surprised at the free on-street parking.

Forward on to today when a parking ticket arrives for said parking and not paying and displaying.

I'm thoroughly confused. I'm pretty sure that I had a good look around, being surprised. But as I have a ticket I must have missed it.

I now wonder what happened to the ticket as it was not on the car. And clearly it was at some point. Who would have nicked a parking ticket!

NoticeImageHandler.jpg

A "witty prankster" might have taken it...

I did a similar thing once in Croydon in the mid 90s.

Parked up and could I find signs or a Pay and Display meter on the street?

Could I f.

Ticket on screen when I got back.

I am suspicious of any 'free' towny-type parking as a result.

If you go back there and there are still no signs you may very well be able to appeal the ticket. Take photos and forward them on explaining yourself.

Seems to be tucked under the wiper rather than fixed to the screen as it should be.

Dodgy place Orpington IMHO!

i saw traffic wardens remove tickets from the plastic pockets and read them - presumably to ensure that the ticket was real and indeed placed their by another traffic warden. I suppose some drivers park illegally and 'borrow' a parking ticket from a neighbouring car...

The council will have a picture of the car with the ticket on it, which you can ask to see. And from experience if you write to the council saying that the ticket was not on your windscreen they will reset the 14-days half pay period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom