How easy it is to replace a C124 bumper insert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can buy the front black bumper inserts at ECP for £15. (I cant seem to find the rears anywhere though)

Fitment is simple enough but does require you to remove the bumper for access but that is pretty easy.

You'll be able to fit it within an hour if you have a reasonable tool set.

You can buy the front black bumper inserts at ECP for £15. (I cant seem to find the rears anywhere though)

Fitment is simple enough but does require you to remove the bumper for access but that is pretty easy.

You'll be able to fit it within an hour if you have a reasonable tool set.

As Spike says its easy enough. If its the later plastic colour coded insert it may come in primer and you will have to get it sprayed. When you come to remove/replace the bumper its much easier if you can get 5 minutes help from a mate to lift it off/on. There are 2x2 bolts that fasten to the front cross member plus 2 end brackets screw/bolts. When taking off mark the position of the bolts/washers on the inner surface with a felt pen-helps when repositioning the bumper centrally. you may find the 2 end bracket bolts a bit rusty -you can access those from the wheel arch. http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.413&CT=F&cat=15T&SID=88&SGR=030&SGN=02

Kick ass gents, I work in a paint shop so colour matching is fine I was just concerned bout taking off the bumper, it's a car I'm considering buying so I will report back!
Thanks for your assistance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom