How easy to change W203 front fog lamp bulbs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6CylinderMerc

Car
W203 C240 Elegance
Does anyone have an idea of how easy it is to change front fog lamp bulbs on a 2001 W203 C Class? :confused:

I've got myself a full set of Osram Nightbreakers & I need to fit them. The headlamps & side lights are easy enough but the fogs look like they could be tricky unless you've done it before.;)

I asked a similar question a while ago, I believe that you have to change the bulbs via an access panel from the front of the wheel arch (to the front of the wheel), you may need to remove the front wheel & take care with any rusty srcews.

Think this is correct

do you already noted a better light performances from the beams? and from the fog light?

thanks

Last edited:
do you noted a better light performances from the beams?

Is the fog light bulb different from the main that is H7 if I well remember?

Yes, the main & dipped beam are H7 bulbs, the foglamps are HB4 which have a connector at a 90 degree angle to the bulb. I used an online internet fitting guide which advised me that I needed H1 for the fogs. I went to fit them & obviously they are totally different. (They're on ebay if anyone wants a set of H1 Night Breakers).

Going back to the main & dipped, the Osram Night Breakers are amazing! I can't recommend them enough. It's a massive improvement over the standard bulbs. When on dipped they really light the way without dazzling others & when on full beam they chuck out massive amounts of light.

Meant to add that I after finding out that I need HB4's for the fogs, it turns out that these are not available in Night Breakers so I put the originals (Philips) back in. Currently investigating fog lamp bulb options but the Philips range seems favourite @ present.

Yes, the main & dipped beam are H7 bulbs, the foglamps are HB4 which have a connector at a 90 degree angle to the bulb. I used an online internet fitting guide which advised me that I needed H1 for the fogs. I went to fit them & obviously they are totally different. (They're on ebay if anyone wants a set of H1 Night Breakers).

Going back to the main & dipped, the Osram Night Breakers are amazing! I can't recommend them enough. It's a massive improvement over the standard bulbs. When on dipped they really light the way without dazzling others & when on full beam they chuck out massive amounts of light.

thanks!

Actually I've Osram silverstar that should be +50% respect standard buld, please do you come from a factory standard bulb?:)

thanks!

Actually I've Osram silverstar that should be +50% respect standard buld, please do you come from a factory standard bulb?:)

Yes, I upgraded from standard bulbs. Whenever I change my car I always buy new wipers (usually Bosch) & new headlamp bulbs.
Nightbreakers are supposed to be +90% - having fitted them, I don't doubt that claim.

Yes, I upgraded from standard bulbs. Whenever I change my car I always buy new wipers (usually Bosch) & new headlamp bulbs.
Nightbreakers are supposed to be +90% - having fitted them, I don't doubt that claim.

according to your suggestion I've bought yesterday a pair of H7 osram nightbreaker, still to install since car actually is at dealer workshop.

I noted over the bulb package that this bulb should last half the time compared to a normal bulb:rolleyes:

thanks again

marco

according to your suggestion I've bought yesterday a pair of H7 osram nightbreaker, still to install since car actually is at dealer workshop.

I noted over the bulb package that this bulb should last half the time compared to a normal bulb:rolleyes:

thanks again

marco

Better to burn brightly & go out in a blaze of glory than to be barely noticed...:D :rock: :D :rock: :D :rock:

Seriously, I never noticed that on my packaging. According to something I read recently, that was true of earlier xenon filled halogen bulbs as they burned hotter. Apparantly not true with the new range of bulbs from Philips & Osram :bannana:

Be safe, be seen, You won't regret buying those Osrams ;)

Better to burn brightly & go out in a blaze of glory than to be barely noticed...:D :rock: :D :rock: :D :rock:

Seriously, I never noticed that on my packaging. According to something I read recently, that was true of earlier xenon filled halogen bulbs as they burned hotter. Apparantly not true with the new range of bulbs from Philips & Osram :bannana:

Be safe, be seen, You won't regret buying those Osrams ;)

:)
yes for sure I fully agree with you.

as per my personal experience I was used to burn one high beam bulb per year (yes both two left and right I mean) when on my previous W202 I utilized 100W bulbs with suitable relay and bigger size cable;)

thanks again

marco
Just fitted phillips exteme power bulbs +80,Brilliant result .:D

to the people referring to the osrams - are they actually like hids?

so a white/blue in colour. because iv fitted some normal fogs and they come out slightly brighter than the standard bulbs.

i am after a really blue look....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom