How easy to return alloys to original polished state if painted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psilonaught

Car
W212 E63
I lease my e63 but want to change the wheels to black. Given the very limited choice of aftermarket options I think having them painted is sensible. After my 2.3 years of ownership is up I'll be selling on to a dealer to pocket the expected equity (balloon is a small £17k). I assume the car gets inspected before I can sell, so I need to return the wheels to an original state ?

As a more general question, under what circumstances do lease cars not get inspected by the finance company?? I'm thinking they only get inspected if you return the car to the finance company and not sell to a dealer, or is that not true?

You could have the faces diamond cut, but that would leave the sides of the spokes, any recesses, and the inside/back face of the wheel black. If there's no refurb involved this might cost a couple of hundred pounds depending upon where you are and who you use.

You could get the wheels dipped, as the finish is removeable, but not got any first hand experience and so I'm not sure how durable it would be for wheels.

It's easy to return to their OEM state if you go to a reputable alloy wheel refurb company.
It'll cost about £100 a wheel for full diamond cut finish.
As mentioned above dipping could be an option but I have no first hand experience of this

How does the equity and dealers work then at the end of a lease?
Surely after paying your initial deposit, followed by 3 years of monthly payments and then the balloon, there is no equity remaining?

Given the OP mentions a balloon, the. I suspect it's actually a PCP (not a lease) as there is no equity in a lease deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom