How good is Comand at keeping you toll-free in France?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
I'm off to France with the E and will be reliying on Chloe (Comand) to get us around for the next two weeks.

Has anyone used Comand in France and, if so, how good is she at keeping you off the toll roads? Is it enough to rely on the "avoid tolls" setting, or is it better to add "avoid motorways" to be on the safe side?

Not sure where you are going, but I don't think the tolls are that pricey. I went to the south of france last year, probably spent about 150 Euro's in total to get there.

Thats over a two week period. Same again on the way back.

From experience of the avoid motorway option in the UK I think you'll find its good - worked well with me. Check you have the latest version of the disc though.

Make sure you have Chloe 5.1 but the A route peage is only around €3 for 100km on average.

If you're unlucky enough to be based just outside a toll booth and only going 20-30 miles away each time it would be more expensive.

You could always try the telepeage option.

In Europe the Tolls option is the one you want

jdrrco said:
I'm off to France with the E and will be reliying on Chloe (Comand) to get us around for the next two weeks.

Has anyone used Comand in France and, if so, how good is she at keeping you off the toll roads? Is it enough to rely on the "avoid tolls" setting, or is it better to add "avoid motorways" to be on the safe side?

These things are only as good as the data they work with (like anything really). If you are using an up to date Teleatlas disk then simply avoiding tolls will do it for you. If you are using a very old disk then you may find some roads not even on your disk! I recently went to France and found a couple of roads that were not on my then 2004 disk. I have a 2006 disk now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom