How hard can it be to buy winter tyres??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjbarnard

After a very unsatisfactory experience with pneus-online, I was pleased to order some quality winter tyres from mytyres. Rang them and confirmed availability of stock. Went through the same shenanigans regarding address confirmation (faxed them proof of address) but was impressed that they responded within an hour, confirmed address, and then dispatched them promptly. They kept me up to date with details and tyres arrived within a week.

However they use DPD as couriers. DPD mistakenly delivered to wrong address and delivery was "refused". What do they do then? Wait, check, redeliver in a day or two like any UK courier company? No they despatch them back to Germany the same day. I discovered the error within one hour (tracking online), but there is NO mechanism of contacting them by phone.

Contacted mytyres who were helpful but said, nothing they can do. Please cancel the order and they will reissue a new order.

Bought some continentals online from kwik-fit. Phoned the branch and they're fitting them tomorrow.

I think I wont bother with the europeans again. I recognise though that others have been well served.

I had no issues with mytyres or DPD, but then that was 6 weeks ago before the rush !

6 weeks ago Kwik-Fit didn't know what a winter tyre was.

I always support the local indie for just this reason, never had an issue with Portsmouth Tyre and Exhaust, ring, order, fitted in 2 days.

Job done.

6 weeks ago Kwik-Fit didn't know what a winter tyre was.

:doh: :rolleyes: :D

sometimes we can rely too heavily on the internet, and our desire to get something as cheap as physically possible, when in reality, it's easier to pay a little more, and go local !

:doh: :rolleyes: :D

sometimes we can rely too heavily on the internet, and our desire to get something as cheap as physically possible, when in reality, it's easier to pay a little more, and go local !

True but try asking for Nokian WR G2,s or any of their range of excellent winter tyres from any UK tyre supplier! They simply don't import them.:(

After a very unsatisfactory experience with pneus-online, I was pleased to order some quality winter tyres from mytyres. Rang them and confirmed availability of stock. Went through the same shenanigans regarding address confirmation (faxed them proof of address) but was impressed that they responded within an hour, confirmed address, and then dispatched them promptly. They kept me up to date with details and tyres arrived within a week.

However they use DPD as couriers. DPD mistakenly delivered to wrong address and delivery was "refused". What do they do then? Wait, check, redeliver in a day or two like any UK courier company? No they despatch them back to Germany the same day. I discovered the error within one hour (tracking online), but there is NO mechanism of contacting them by phone.

Contacted mytyres who were helpful but said, nothing they can do. Please cancel the order and they will reissue a new order.

Bought some continentals online from kwik-fit. Phoned the branch and they're fitting them tomorrow.

I think I wont bother with the europeans again. I recognise though that others have been well served.

"Europeans" not the problem here, sounds like bonehead UK DPD driver who screwed everything up !

I have just got my Nokians from Mytyres after a very "Interesting" experience that lasted for 10 days before I was able to successfully order them.

I finally discovered that the problem area lies with the Accounts/Security Section.
They are the only people who can authorise payment acceptance & there is some hidden agenda operating there.

The customer support girls are powerless despite their assurances regarding assistance.
I was informed by one of them that they are suffering heavily from complaints.

The resident operating computer is omnipotent and delivers conflicting Emails with
impunity on a regular basis.

It is my belief that if one ignores paying by credit/debit card & goes straight to a bank transfer, it will result in a smooth passage for tyre delivery.

I enjoyed the DPD Tracking of my Nokians & traced them through Germany, the following night,Customs,Oldbury,Peterborough & to my house...without a hitch.

Splitpin.

I finally discovered that the problem area lies with the Accounts/Security Section.
They are the only people who can authorise payment acceptance & there is some hidden agenda operating there.

The resident operating computer is omnipotent and delivers conflicting Emails with

I can understand why they are ultra cautious as they operate in some dodgy countires and are maybe applying the same security checks to everyone regardless..

I have just got my Nokians from Mytyres after a very "Interesting" experience that lasted for 10 days before I was able to successfully order them.

The customer support girls are powerless despite their assurances regarding assistance.
I was informed by one of them that they are suffering heavily from complaints.

It is my belief that if one ignores paying by credit/debit card & goes straight to a bank transfer, it will result in a smooth passage for tyre delivery.

This all sounds rather familiar. Except I had no more luck with the bank transfer.

I spoke to Camskill and they said they can't get hold of them either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom