how improtant is ASSYST?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didgit

Car
Silver C220CDI
:confused: after having my C-200 seviced by my local MB dealership, i have decide that the service was very poor and i dont believe that it was done properly,
so the question is do i need MB to service my car in future, its now out of its warranty time, i have a local garage that has been highly recomended by friends, its just the ASSYST thing im concerned with.
is this a necessary part of servicing or is it more for fault finding.
any help would be gratefull.

i have my mercs serviced by a good indpendant mechanic useing aii merc parts from europarts.the assyst system can be reset if you look up manaul that came with the car.the system works out if all or some of your journeys are long or short trips,and the mileage starts falling off as required after it has been reset after your service.hope this has been of some help.

didgit said:
:confused: after having my C-200 seviced by my local MB dealership, i have decide that the service was very poor and i dont believe that it was done properly,
so the question is do i need MB to service my car in future, its now out of its warranty time, i have a local garage that has been highly recomended by friends, its just the ASSYST thing im concerned with.
is this a necessary part of servicing or is it more for fault finding.
any help would be gratefull.
ASSYST only tells you when a service is due,an "A" service is a glorified oilchange ,a "B" service more thorough.Now that the car is out of warranty you can have it looked at by anyone you choose allthough when it comes to selling the car some people may be put off by non MB servicing."FMBSH" is allways a good selling point.Resetting ASSYST after work is explained in the manual.

If you can reset the assist via a combination of key turning and button pressing.Is there any point buying one of those gismo,s made by DRAPER that is being sold on the bay?

racall said:
If you can reset the assist via a combination of key turning and button pressing.Is there any point buying one of those gismo,s made by DRAPER that is being sold on the bay?
no

racall said:

No.

I get mine serviced at a local non Mercedes garage and they do a good job. It's only Oil, Filters, and brakes usually. I always have to reset the ASSYST mysefl though, which I do with the above instructions.

Edit: I'm going to keep the car for ages, so FMBSH is not important to me.

Last edited:
GDC200 said:
Hi you can reset assyst without any tools at all by a combination of buttons and key turns. Assyst is useful in that it tells you to get your car serviced. The car has a mega onboard computer which provides your dealer tons of data by using a star machine. Not many independents have star machines. However, most basic jobs like a and b services dont need star diagostics so you can use a main dealer for diagnostic work and independents for basic servicing. Do you ever come to kent?

Could you post what the button & key turn sequences are?

racall said:

I have one and it is really easy to use and reset the ervice indicator, you can choose to reset an A or B serive and according to the instructions you can reset the ABS light too.

I bought one through work and also have one for beemers, Audi/VW's too.

thanks to all above youve all shed light into a dark place
think ill use local garage unless problems occurs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom