How is the price possible!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Just bought a two pairs of slippers online for a total of £10 including postage (not a special offer/clickbait etc.). Of course I understand the basic economics behind it, but isn't it astonishing that for £10....

Someone set up a factory and purchased the materials needed
Somebody put the slippers together
They were then shipped to the UK (from Malaysia I think)
Someone purchased them and took them into a building
Someone packaged two pairs up
Someone will deliver them to me

Mind boggling really

Bit like prescription glasses for £5 ..

Just bought a two pairs of slippers online for a total of £10 including postage (not a special offer/clickbait etc.). Of course I understand the basic economics behind it, but isn't it astonishing that for £10....

Mind boggling really

Probably using child or forced labour in Malaysia - only way possible to produce at that price. Personally I would rather pay a little more knowing that stuff is ethically produced.

You were robbed!:)
63p

images.jpeg

One word: Volume

Sports direct had a flash sale on Wednesday , bought a jumper for 48p + £3.95 postage , arrived today ticket price was £48.50 . Only problem it's slightly too big , can't be bothered to send it back. I'll just wear it around the house, not going anywhere else these days anyway.

Just bought a two pairs of slippers online for a total of £8.33+VAT including postage (not a special offer/clickbait etc.). Of course I understand the basic economics behind it, but isn't it astonishing that for £8.33+VAT....

Mind boggling really

FTFY ;)

Sports direct had a flash sale on Wednesday , bought a jumper for 48p + £3.95 postage , arrived today ticket price was £48.50 . Only problem it's slightly too big , can't be bothered to send it back. I'll just wear it around the house, not going anywhere else these days anyway.
Not surprisingly Sports Direct is judged as the UK’s least reputable retailer.

Not surprisingly Sports Direct is judged as the UK’s least reputable retailer.
It may be slightly too big but still the size he ordered? How’s that the retailers fault? 😉

At 48p I didn't want to order it on the off chance it was too small so went up a size, for once the sizeing was as the label. Lockdown - keep on eating the cakes my wife is endlessly cooking and I'll soon grow into it.

I take it there eastern mountain sports i thought it was a fake email i ordered aset of combats for 49p😄

Attachments

• IMG-20210116-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210116-WA0001.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 12
It may be slightly too big but still the size he ordered? How’s that the retailers fault? 😉
Its not particuarly a bargain as first thought as there is to be a lot of cake eating to make it fit increasing the overall cost and potential health issues - cant blame that on the retailer, but you can have your cake and eat it. ;)

Yes, it was EMS. I thought it was fake as well because the first 2 items I ordered returned an error message. Tried to order a Medium and a Large , @ 48p it didn't really matter if one didn't fit, until I realised it was restricted to one per customer.

At 48p I didn't want to order it on the off chance it was too small so went up a size, for once the sizeing was as the label. Lockdown - keep on eating the cakes my wife is endlessly cooking and I'll soon grow into it.
You should have bought the two sizes then and donated the one that didn’t fit to a homeless charity to keep somebody a bit warmer

As mentioned above you were only allowed 1 item i tried buying 20 pairs of gloves at 26p but wouldn't let me

Just spend the money you saved on junk food, put on a bit of weight = fuller jumper . Simples :thumb: I usually charge for good advice , but this one's on the house ;):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom