How is the price possible!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is sometimes shocking how cheap some stuff is these days. Something will arrive all boxed up and shipped for next to nothing in cost and someone like me who has spent pretty much his whole working life in manufacturing and FMCG will look at it and think "How the F do they do it ?"

Even though we are all aware of child labour , zero health and safety and dangerous and polluting factories are behind some (most) of it we still buy it. If an iPhone was made 100% in California it would probably cost £3K grand ...even using Mexican labour.

The answer is buy less of this stuff, but sometimes there is no real alternative and I think with the aggressive way the Chinese are pushing there will probably be more of it, not less. Whether we like it or not.

Probably using child or forced labour in Malaysia - only way possible to produce at that price. Personally I would rather pay a little more knowing that stuff is ethically produced.

Interesting. Don't totally disagree, but......

I did a comprehensive search and the only (for instance) UK made similar pair of slippers - full, not mule - was a shade under £20. And they were fleece lined which I don't want anyway. Couldn't find any plain full slippers not made in China/Pakistan/Malaysia etc.

So, what is a "little more"? Couple of quid maybe. But the gulf is huge!

Interesting. Don't totally disagree, but......

I did a comprehensive search and the only (for instance) UK made similar pair of slippers - full, not mule - was a shade under £20. And they were fleece lined which I don't want anyway. Couldn't find any plain full slippers not made in China/Pakistan/Malaysia etc.

So, what is a "little more"? Couple of quid maybe. But the gulf is huge!
Yes, a little more is a matter of opinion. For the last 20 years I have had mine from Shepherd of Sweden because they're exactly what I want.

Door retaining strap screw has come loose on wife's Tiguan. It's a triple square spline and I don't think I've got any of those. In normal times I'd have called into the dealer or even our village garage but that's probably going to be messy at the moment and apparently it's a common issue on MQB (Golf / Tiguan etc) platform that they keep coming undone.

So I looked around and a UK seller on Amazon has a set, with all positive reviews, of five sizes in both long and short versions for £7 with free delivery. Just incredible - I'd have thought the postage can't be much less than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom