How long does a police warrant last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lugy

Car
W140 S320
No, I've not been naughty, just watching Road Wars :eek: and curiosity's got the better of me. One of the suspects was released on bail and disappeared so a warrant was issued for his arrest. Does this warrant last for life or does it run out?

Hope they give that scumbag the Chair! Think it runs out if you go to prison or something....?

Warrant lasts until they catch him. If say 2 years down the line he gets stopped for a breathalyser and they check him out ( assuming he gives correct details!) Then it will come up on the system that there is an outstanding warrant.
Some of the youngsters at our place who we teach will "go missing" and we find out that they had a stop & search and an "old" warrant was outstanding so they arrested them. STILL LET THEM OUT THE NEXT DAY though to go and nick somebodys car!

Warrant lasts until they catch him. If say 2 years down the line he gets stopped for a breathalyser and they check him out ( assuming he gives correct details!) Then it will come up on the system that there is an outstanding warrant.
Some of the youngsters at our place who we teach will "go missing" and we find out that they had a stop & search and an "old" warrant was outstanding so they arrested them. STILL LET THEM OUT THE NEXT DAY though to go and nick somebodys car!

Any magistrates on here care to explain why this happens?

I got pulled over for having incorrect tax disc in my car in 1999, i never heard anything about it afterwards. But last year i got pulled for speeding and they then arrested me and said i had a warrant for my arrest out!! I spent the night in Staines police station and taken to court hand and foot cuffed in a group 4 truck!! I got to court and they said its clear that i moved home and thus never recieved anything regarding this and that even though i had been at same new address and on electoral roll they still couldnt find me and so laughed it out of court and sent me away! Very annoying episode but my warrant was lying there for ten years!! Strange considering i been pulled over plenty times and go in and out of LHR every week!! You would think they might have noticed before.....

[QUOTE Stratman;975613]What does "Remand in custody" mean?[/QUOTE]

It means to keep the person in prison until thier next hearing at court!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom