How long does it take you to CLEAN your car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Pan Man

AS the title says really. I'm not an avid cleaner like it has to be done every what vere day but having a clean car makes mr feel good for some reason. In the winter I use a local garage with the foam brush and rinse just to keep the muck off. When the weather is acceptable I do mine with the hose and two bucket method, finished off with chamois and micro cloth. Then do the glass inside and outside with alchol based glass cleaner. Quick vacum of the interior and a wipe over. Yesterday I alos touced in a few minor stone chips. Took me about 3 hours in total.

Attachments

• DSCF0195.jpg
    DSCF0195.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF0193.jpg
    DSCF0193.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 313
Quick wash - 2 bucket method, hose and leathers/micro's. Say half an hour. Vacuum only every now and again - 15 mins.
To polish -ah - time just slips away. Usually in my garage and I can while away a couple of hours easy.

Takes 5 - 10 minutes. I sit in it, listening to the radio and reading the paper, as three or four young lads give it a handwash and dry, polish my wheels, windows and chrome, and paint my tyres.

normally a couiple of hours for a clean and dry just outside, inside out takes 4-5 hours, full wash, clay and wax will take me a weekend and thats without touching the inside!

I don't spend a lot of time on mine - rinse loose dirt with hose ; wash with bucket & sponge ; rinse off with hose , sometimes using brush on end of hose ; leave to dry . All in about 15-20 mins . Above routine every 1-2 weeks .. Less frequently I will clean inside of windows with 'screenwipes' . Maybe once or twice a year it gets a machine polish and wax . Car looks presentable but never concours .

30 minutes every Sunday. 2 buckets outside, vacuum inside. Its a small car.

An hour if the girls are helping me!

Last week one of my neighbours asked me why my car was always so clean after watching me wash it?!?

normally a couple of hours for a clean and dry just outside, inside out takes 4-5 hours, full wash, clay and wax will take me a weekend and that's without touching the inside!

The same, especially on the S-Class, i do a 1/4 at a time when Claying and polishing.

14 hours over two days last time I washed my car. That was almost 2 years ago though. :D

A little and often is my motto. I try to wash it once a fortnight, taking me about 30 mins.

I take mine to the handwash place one Sunday a month and wash it myself all other Sundays. I didnt have to wash it today as it has stayed clean becuase of the nice weather we have had over the past few days.

I use 3 buckets; one with a little soap for the wheels (brake dust), one without any soap for the body and one to rinse. I then clean and dry with a microfiber cloth. I clean the inside with a microfibre cloth and a pan & brush and finally clean the glass with glass cleaner.

It takes me about 30 -45 mins on average. Maybe an hour if it is really dirty.

Trying to do mine once once a fortnight.

Took Friday afternoon off and spent about 3 hours making it gleaming.

Clean interior surfaces and hoover carpets. Clean and polish interior glass.

Rinse off to soften dirt. Then clean wheels and tyres. After that 2 bucket method wash of whole car.

Follow that with towel dry and polish of chrome and external glass.

Finally tyre gel to finish.

I take mine down to a local car wash where the lads there are very good. They get rid of any outside muck and give the insides a good clean leaving me to do any extras when I get back home (extras include exhausts and I normally give the leather some food...). Every six weeks or so I'll give it a good polish. Every 6 months I'll take it down to a place I know near me where the guys give it a machine polish.

So for me it's a an hour or so every 2 weeks. Polishing takes a couple of hours. Machine polishing takes half a day but it's not my time...

It's all good therapy!!

normally a couiple of hours for a clean and dry just outside, inside out takes 4-5 hours, full wash, clay and wax will take me a weekend and thats without touching the inside!

I would say the same for me as well. The full wash I would only do every 6-9 months.

Pressure wash - 5 mins
Snow Foam - 5 mins
Let it fall off - 5 mins
pressure off - 5 mins
snow foam again - 3 mins
rub down with a mitt - 5 mins
pressure off - 5 mins

dry off - 5 - 10 mins

I take about 2 hours......pa.

No time at all !! SWMBO ALWAYS washes the car (as I don't do it properly).

Pressure wash - 5 mins
Snow Foam - 5 mins
Let it fall off - 5 mins
pressure off - 5 mins
snow foam again - 3 mins
rub down with a mitt - 5 mins
pressure off - 5 mins

dry off - 5 - 10 mins
And for mercs - touching up rust blisters that have been stripped by the pressure washer - 3 days.

Takes my Romanians about 15 minutes.. :D

But, I always clean the interiors myself, including feeding the leather with some nice Gliptone (smells great too!) and once very 2 months or so, I give the cars a good polish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom