How long have you had your bed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Was thinking of changing ours but bought a mattress topper instead last year and its soooo! comfortable. Just wondered how long people keep their bed before buying a new one. Eddie.:dk:

Normally until there is a problem with it or, more importantly it becomes uncomfortable, or you get aches not caused by anthing else.

We've had our bedstead and Sealy foam mattress for 8 years and it is still fine.

We did spend £2000 on it though but was money well spent in hindsight.

Probably shouldn't admit it, but we've had ours for over 30 years. Quite expensive at the time. Mattress probably needs renewing, but still pretty comfortable. Or maybe just used to it!

Orwic

Probably shouldn't admit it, but we've had ours for over 30 years. Quite expensive at the time. Mattress probably needs renewing, but still pretty comfortable. Or maybe just used to it!

Orwic

Go on, who is is manufactured by? I have heard of folk having Dunlopillow beds for 30 years.

Our's is 9 years old and just starting to show sign's of very slight sagging, previous Slumberland spring bed lasted 3 years...

39yrs.

Mic

15 years. Just had delivered a new bed last week. Memory foam and its so comfortable, I sleep better now than I have for 5 years. 700 quid but money worth spending.

G.P said:
Go on, who is is manufactured by? I have heard of folk having Dunlopillow beds for 30 years.

Our's is 9 years old and just starting to show sign's of very slight sagging, previous Slumberland spring bed lasted 3 years...

Hypnos mattress, I think. Bed frame, no idea. Came from John Lewis if I remember rightly...

Orwic

Don't ever skimp on your bed or your shoes. If you're not in one , you're in the other.

both me and the mrs had 'chronic' dodgy backs.
tried everything before someone told me about waterbeds.

10 years later and not a backache in sight!

temperature controlled, massage unit built in, sheer luxury. best £1200 i ever spent!

have a look at Akva Waterbeds

Memory foam and its so comfortable,

For me, as I sleep on my front I found it the reverse and sales chap agreed they are great if you sleep on your back but front sleepers struggle.

Don't ever skimp on your bed or your shoes. If you're not in one , you're in the other.

True, but its more comfort than cost and as we know, the most expensive is not always the best for us..

both me and the mrs had 'chronic' dodgy backs.
tried everything before someone told me about waterbeds.

Are waterbed's similar to memory foam, not so good if you sleep on your front?

My bed is about 150 years old, but the mattress was replaced about 3 years ago with a John Lewis one - keep turning them (assuming they are supposed to) and it should last a decent amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom