How long will you keep your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gangnam007

Car
c63
Im a new owner of the c63 and I'm gonna be keeping till it dies - but how many of you gonna be doing the same and if you could share info about your car?

my father in law has a sl55 amg which he's had from new and will never sell he just loves driving it and its done i think 75k miles - he tells me because he spent so much for it and he loves the look of the car he won't let go.

PS I've got the c63 with the performance pack plus - does that mean i have the limited slip diff? 2012 plate, also does anyone know if i update my command at mercedes i will have the option in the system to change the colour of the dash and command screen from yellow to red/silver? atm i don't have the option it only stops in the engineers options at around 68 then back to 1

Last edited:
I've had my CLS55 for 4 years coming up which is the longest I've kept a car. Although I've bought others in between and got rid and contemplated getting shot of the Merc many a time, for what I'd get for it at trade in I'd rather give it away. And given what a car it is and the fact I'd miss it terribly if I did get rid, it's a keeper basically. I do itch for a new car through, not new from the showroom, just new to me. I'm looking at anything and everything from other AMGs, Maseratis, Porsches and Astons and even classic cars.

As much as I love every car I buy it seems a year is about average then I sell it and buy another.

I tend to change when the car I want reaches a sensible used value - the current car was £30K down after 9 months :eek:.

Yikes...!

I keep (look after) my (their) cars for 2-3 years max. :D

Current ones is 5+ years, It's worth a lot more to me as a running vehicle than what any resale value will bring.

I'll keep it until I decide what to replace it with, providing (a) I have the cash, (b) it continues to pass it's MOT (c) the rust doesn't kill it

Possibly replacing it next year

I will probably keep my E55 for a few years then move tocan F10 M5 or E63 BiTurbo.

Keeping mine until the W222 S63 price drops more.

id sell my cls55 tomorrow if i could, but alas i paid too much for it and have spend way to much in the last month, so am stuck with it.

I seem to be keeping cars longer and longer since around 10 years ago.

Usually until I've had enough and fancy a change or I have to sell the current steed (last car was because I couldn't trust myself to behave with it).

I also don't like the idea of keeping a car as it gets too old.

I anticipate keeping the E55 another 12 -18 months by which time an E63 Biturbo will be mine.

I'd keep it a lot longer as I love the thing but its getting long in the tooth now at 13yr old.
Owned it 4 years this month.

Had my E Class for 3+ years now and, whilst I still love it, other things are beckoning me.

I loved it when I bought it, spent a couple of quid getting it up to a standard I felt happy with, though I now feel it may be time to move on. The biggest problem is what to replace it with, though I'm sure I'll decide eventually. Hopefully it will still be a Mercedes though, if not, I'll always have my little 190E so I can carry on pestering people on this forum.

^ It will be a wrench to move on from your superb E63 Dave, but understand you like a change.
I can see you in a shed like ChrisA, an S63 with a few mods and an exhaust that lets everyone know you are around:D

Mmmmm!

Purchased my E350 Night Edition new last year.

I have retired now so the idea is to keep it, selling it too early would be too much of a hit on the pension pot.

My wife has doubts I will keep it much more than 3 years.

I love driving it and some days just go out for a trip.

The E350 is plenty quick enough for me, it's surprisingly economical, I have standard seating but really do find them very comfortable, it's a very quiet engine, I have the estate which is huge.

I cannot think of a reason to sell it but who knows maybe an electric car?

Nah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Longest car I've owned has been my MK5 gti followed by my C63. Prob sell the 63 soon as it's hardly used and Scotlands roads are a joke and dry around 2 days a year

Depends on how the RS5 looks and drives once they get one in the North East!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom