How long will you keep your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Normally at least 7 years, just changed it and he last one had done 230,000 miles, this one is on 38,000 so a few years forecast. :)

Would normally change sooner, but so far not seen or been tempted with anything that makes the same noise or has the same Grin factor as a mildly tuned C63

I have only owned my C63 AMG PP (W204) for a few months and love it although I would be tempted to change it for the 'new' E63S in a few years when the price has come down a bit.

I cant remember the last car i had for more than 12 months..

I have sold in less than a month if i have particularly hated the car (Porsche 911 C4s)..

Had the C63 around 3 months now and no plans to sell..

It depends how much I like it, and whether there's anything better to replace it with. My last car I had for 10 years, because there simply wasn't anything to replace it with that was as good without spending 5 x the cost to change.

But in the end, the lure of the V8 was too great, and I did exactly that. I'm not disappointed so far. :)

On my 3rd this year and looking for a change, I have kept a few longer than a year but very few, get bored very quickly..

I owned my last Merc for 11 years.
I didn't plan to - it just sort of happened. I've no idea how long I'll keep this one for. But, I'm guessing it won't be going anytime soon - I absolutely love it. :bannana:

mines up for sale now..barely used it tbh and its breaking my heart to actually sell it but took on a mortgage after i had all my work done so prefer the ££££ but had my first viewing last night and hated showing how good it is and wehat it had done and then offered 2000 less than my asking price,,,,,i politely declined i would rather keepher tucked up in a warm garage with her custom amg cover than give away

I'm in the same position, have had good interest on mine but no viewings as yet. Only offers are from dealers wanting to make a quick buck...
Mine just sits in the garage under a sheet!

I've done 142,000km in my 2008 E280CDi, and now only do about 4,000km per year. I plan on keeping it for another ten years. I love driving it but get as much, if not more, pleasure out of maintaining it.

Had my cls63 6.2 for 5 and a half years and its now 9 years old. Only 120 of them registered in Uk so I think Ill just keep it. Fully loaded, the purchase price was £84k and realistically its worth about £16k now. Only got 55k on the clock so barely run in. Where else could you get such bang for the buck and comfort for so little money?

I cant remember the last car i had for more than 12 months..

Have you ever owned any Alpinas?

I once bought a three year old 2001 B10 V8. Great car.

I think I kept it 15 months but sold as needed the cash!

I also had to fill it a lot and found it soul destroying at the time - mainly due to the number of miles I was doing then.

I usually keep mine for a few months maybe 6 months, then sell and get something else.

Currently had mine just over a year and its for sale now but not had even 1 call despite being one of the cheapest in the UK

I tend to change when the car I want reaches a sensible used value - the current car was £30K down after 9 months :eek:.
The numbers are scary.

According the to the details I have, my E63 was approx 84K new.
I purchased it when it was 32 months old for approx 48K less than the original price, with a little over 20K miles.

The numbers are scary.

I purchased it when it was 32 months old for approx 48K less than the original price, with a little over 20K miles.

I broke my own rule buying this one - I wouldn't normally buy so high up the depreciation curve, but once that seed is planted :crazy:.

The numbers are scary.

That is scary. It does beg the question, why would anyone buy new?
I couldn't afford to, and I doubt many E63 owners could either. The figures don't make sense.
Then you get the conundrum, if nobody buys new there won't be any used cars on the forecourt:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom