How low can you go....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattDC

Car
W204 C220 cdi elegance estate
HI all

I have a 2010 W204 C220 estate, elegance model.

I have fitted 18" AMG wheels but the ride height is looking a little 4x4 at the minute, I have been looking at the H&R springs to lower things but I don't want to compromise ground clearance too much.

The H&R springs come in 2 flavours a 20mm lowering and an extra low version which I think is 25-30mm lowering.

Also the standard 20mm versions come in 2 flavours for the front Axle weight, listed as up to 1020KG and above 1021KG, on the door frame the plate indicates a weight of 1055KG for the front axle so am I right in thinking I would require the 1021 and above or does the plate indicate the fully laden GAWR rather than unladen GAW?

Has anyone fitted the 25-30mm springs and if so what have your ground clearance experiences been like? Also has anyone fitted the 20mm springs and have a picture they could share to show how it looks?

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt.I was in the same position as you and wanted to lower my c class.Although I have the sport edition,I wanted to lower it a little more.I looked at all brands and reviews and all are a bit of a muchness.I bought a set of Apex springs with a 35 - 40mm drop from ECP as was in their sale and didnt want to spend a lot.It was fitted today and can honestly say I am pleasantly surprised.The drive is not much different than with the original springs and not to low.I will attach a picture to give you an idea what it looks and may give you a better idea.

ForumRunner_20150619_213720.jpg

ForumRunner_20150619_213732.jpg

Thanks for the reply and pics, looks very nice!

If you could let me know what the ground clearance is for the front end that would be great, also if you have any probs with speed bumps etc.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom