How many c63 pre facelift owners on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I myself have a pre facelift PP. I’ve owned it for 4 years now. It’s always been a weekend toy and after buying it private it’s not lost me hardly any money. I’m not and have never been one for finance not that I disagree with it but being self employed all my working life it works for me to only buy if I have the money if you know what I mean.

I love the c63 and enjoy driving it when I get chance but I have been toying with having a change. Trouble is, what do you replace it with. I’d love a 911 but I wouldn’t want to go backwards so paying another 20k + on top of what I’d get for the c63 is out of the question. The only other car that appeals to me at the moment is the Nissan GT-R 3.8 so prob around an extra 15k on top.

I’m not so much bored with the c63. I still like the look of it and performance wise it still puts a smile on my face. I’m just at the stage where I’ve noticed the prices have started dropping recently when up until now the pre facelift has been holding its own on value.

I suppose I’m already at the stage where I own a slightly dated car so would have to front extra money if I want to go forward but just wondered what the pre facelift owners on here are looking to do in the future.

Weistec Supercharge it?

GTR is a good choice though......
That is an option I’ve considered but it’s going to be around the 10k mark for that. I’ve been waiting for someone who’s had one fitted and got bored with it on here so I can buy one second hand to save some pennies but not gonna happen I don’t think lol.

I have a pre-facelift PP as well and really like it. One of the great attractions for me was the normally aspirated 6.3 litre engine and the performance pack. The car has great presence and more than enough power for me. I looked at other makes, including Porsche 911s and Audi RS, but came to the conclusion that the Merc would be difficult to beat in terms of performance and value for money!

Exactly as others have stated ; you are going to struggle to find anything significantly quicker without investing a lot of cash. Its a very capable , quick , comfy car.

GTR or a 911T is about the only route I can think of to go down next.

( pre FL PPP owner here )

So what are you guys plans for the future?

Andy. I know your doing a lot on yours at the moment so I should imagine you’ll hang on to yours for a while.

After owning mine for four years I’m getting a little bored and think I need to either sell or mod ( weistec ) but don’t want to get another couple of years down the line and the car is worth next to nothing if you know what I mean.

I have both the C63 and GTR. The C63 is my daily (in estate guise) and (along with the de-cat pipe) is fantastic. I love it! It puts a smile on my face everyday.
The GTR is...different. This is my 3rd so I must think they are half special. After a few supercars I do enjoy the GTR. Very comfortable, nimble (is this a word I can use to describe 2.7secs to 60mph?) and not too shabby on juice (when compared to the Merc).
Very different to the C63 I must point out. If someone threw keys at me to drive regularly...the Merc would win. No question.
If being used as a weekend toy...the GTR is quite different (and very, very addictive). This would (and does) sit in the garage for occassional use.
The 911 - more of a drivers car (in my opinion) and holds its value well (as does the GTR). The Porsche felt that bit more special (due to the Kudos of the brand I assume). Downsides - limited space compared to the GTR (which has rather a large boot).
We did the North Coast 500 in the Nissan - with ease. The 911 would have struggled in places.
I would also be mindful - a modified C63 is not always the easiest to sell should the time come. More of a niche market.
Good luck with whatever you decide

I have both the C63 and GTR. The C63 is my daily (in estate guise) and (along with the de-cat pipe) is fantastic. I love it! It puts a smile on my face everyday.
The GTR is...different. This is my 3rd so I must think they are half special. After a few supercars I do enjoy the GTR. Very comfortable, nimble (is this a word I can use to describe 2.7secs to 60mph?) and not too shabby on juice (when compared to the Merc).
Very different to the C63 I must point out. If someone threw keys at me to drive regularly...the Merc would win. No question.
If being used as a weekend toy...the GTR is quite different (and very, very addictive). This would (and does) sit in the garage for occassional use.
The 911 - more of a drivers car (in my opinion) and holds its value well (as does the GTR). The Porsche felt that bit more special (due to the Kudos of the brand I assume). Downsides - limited space compared to the GTR (which has rather a large boot).
We did the North Coast 500 in the Nissan - with ease. The 911 would have struggled in places.
I would also be mindful - a modified C63 is not always the easiest to sell should the time come. More of a niche market.
Good luck with whatever you decide
To be honest it would be a gtr for me hands down. If I got around the figure I think my 63 is worth then I would still be looking at bottom end priced gtr’s. I’ve been looking and there is a few to be had with not to many miles for my budget. But is it a good idea to go for the bottom end priced ones?

Just keep the C63 and use it as a coffin.....that's my plan.
I have been in the same boat as you, looked at GTR.....but could I live with it when out for a nice run and the ride is rock hard....RS6 probably the best all rounder......RS7 just different.......however, I always wonder would I have a better car after pumping another large sum of money into it or after a couple of months would I be regretting it???

Just keep the C63 and use it as a coffin.....that's my plan.
I have been in the same boat as you, looked at GTR.....but could I live with it when out for a nice run and the ride is rock hard....RS6 probably the best all rounder......RS7 just different.......however, I always wonder would I have a better car after pumping another large sum of money into it or after a couple of months would I be regretting it???
I’ll rule out buying your supercharger then lol

The bottom end of the GTR market can be tricky. I had an 09 (pre nav car) which, although being the 'new kid on the block' so to speak didn't impress me (I had an issue with the paint from day one due to the dealer making a huge balls up with pre paint!) These things have remained stagnant in depreciation for a considerable time now. The more expensive the newer models become, the more desirable the older models are. Service history is a must have when looking. I'd stay away from CAT D (personally).
The MY11 model was far better. I drove from Kent to the Lakes with a 5 minute break. Very comfortable and a nice place to be. If your budget can stretch, this would be my choice. The ride is definitely not rock hard - the C63 is worse.
As others have already said, there is an abundance of choice with "What do I choose?"
The RS6 and RS7's are brutal (in a positive way) but this will just be like-for-like albeit a different brand (IMO)
Merc SL55 (especially with the F1 package) - sticking with the brand but different model.
Jag XKR-S - brutal, rare and enjoyable
911 - we've covered that
GTR - as above
Audi R8 (had the V10 - loved it)
Alfa Giulia Bi-Turbo (prices are falling steadily)
All depends of what its to be used for and more importantly, budget.

I think ideally I would like to keep hold of the c63. But I’d like to box a bit clever and sell if they’re going to plummet in value. The only other car that’s in reach for me is a gtr. I think IF I could afford a 997 turbo to sit in the garage and only get used on the odd weekend that would be the one to go for due to the fact they seem to go up in price rather than everything else that depreciates eventually. The gtr is a tool and I’ve always loved them ( only the new 3.8 ) but again even for the one in my budget it’s basically double what the pre facelift c63’s are going for at the moment. And for a weekend blast I’m finding it hard to warrant that. I even have permission from swmbo but im still undecided.

Like said I haven’t ever got finance on a car so I wouldn’t have a clue on monthly payments and the fact this may work for me. I guess on that view I’m stuck in the 80’s lol.

Also I expected there to be a lot more pre facelift owners on here but it seems so far there’s only 4 of us inc lee and and you can’t really count him lol.

I have a pre facelift,defintely keeping it for the 6.2 engine alone.

I know it's a little 'different' but have you thought about the Audi TTRS or RS3 if you're wanting performance, handling and not as frequent visits for 'motion lotion'? Sticking with Merc, my brother had the A45 which was an astounding bit of kit.
Why not keep the C63 and compliment it with an SL55 aound an '03 plate?

...just a thought...

I've got a 2009 Prefacelift and 2011 Facelift C63.

Both are getting sold in the next 6 months. I love the 2011 facelift though. Honestly one of the best cars I've owned, definitely going to miss that when it goes. It's only a car, sell it get something else life's too short. Good on you for holding on to it for 4yr. I can barely manage 4 months.

I know it's a little 'different' but have you thought about the Audi TTRS or RS3 if you're wanting performance, handling and not as frequent visits for 'motion lotion'? Sticking with Merc, my brother had the A45 which was an astounding bit of kit.
Why not keep the C63 and compliment it with an SL55 aound an '03 plate?

...just a thought...
Don’t get me wrong. I love the look of the smaller hot hatches but they’re just not my thing. As for an extra car I have a habit of adding cars to my collection so I should steer clear of yet another lol.

I've got a 2009 Prefacelift and 2011 Facelift C63.

Both are getting sold in the next 6 months. I love the 2011 facelift though. Honestly one of the best cars I've owned, definitely going to miss that when it goes. It's only a car, sell it get something else life's too short. Good on you for holding on to it for 4yr. I can barely manage 4 months.
2 c63’s!! That’s just greedy. Seriously how did you end up with two lol.

2 c63’s!! That’s just greedy. Seriously how did you end up with two lol.

Lol long story but the 2011 is my daily and replaced my Biturbo E63, the other has been in the family for a couple of years now.

Mind you I change cars every 6 months so who knows what's next.

Lol long story but the 2011 is my daily and replaced my Biturbo E63, the other has been in the family for a couple of years now.

Mind you I change cars every 6 months so who knows what's next.
I have toyed with the idea of selling the pre facelift and going for the facelift but I’m not sure if the change would be enough.

I have toyed with the idea of selling the pre facelift and going for the facelift but I’m not sure if the change would be enough.
This is ofcourse in my opinion but the facelift car is just that little bit better in a few places and adds up to be a much nicer car.

Same goes for when I had a pre facelift Biturbo E63 and then a facelift. The facelift was just that little bit better in a few places felt tighter to drive etc and made for a much better car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom