How many hours labour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edthedead

To replace all glow plugs and fix passenger side electric seat, assuming that the glow plugs don't snap and the seat problem is caused by the wiring shorting on the seat frame.

The car is a 2003 c220 cdi... just after a rough idea how many hours labour to expect? :confused: :confused:

Hello

I'm sure there will be a fixed hour guide for the glow plugs, the seat however if its what you say, wires shorting can you not sort that?

The second querry is far harder to quantify as it 'could' be all sorts. Are you taking it to the main dealer.

I would look at the seat myself first and check as best you can the wiring.

Hope someone will be along to give you specifics..

Search for heated seats, w203 seat very easy to get out and strip.

Lynall

Hello

I'm sure there will be a fixed hour guide for the glow plugs, the seat however if its what you say, wires shorting can you not sort that?

The second querry is far harder to quantify as it 'could' be all sorts. Are you taking it to the main dealer.

I would look at the seat myself first and check as best you can the wiring.

Hope someone will be along to give you specifics..

I have thought about doing the seat myself, but I'm not too happy messing about with the seats with airbags in, plus since it's got to go in the garage anyway...:eek:

I am taking to a local garage who I use a fair bit (and trust:p, not that I wouldn't trust a main dealer or pay their labour rate:eek:)

Was speaking to MB today about replacing glowplugs - all six should be around 1.5 hours

Was speaking to MB today about replacing glowplugs - all six should be around 1.5 hours

That's good news and about what I guessed! I reckon about an hour for the seat and I want him to have a look at the suspension because it was making a knocking from the back (which has now stopped, typical!).

3.5 to 4 hours should cover it... at £50 an hour inc vat :D:D, there are still some places that offer good service and don't charge the earth!

The knocking from the back could be roll bar links and bushings

I would say the 2 jobs would easily be done within 2 hours. Certainly 1 hour for the glowplugs.

I have thought about doing the seat myself, but I'm not too happy messing about with the seats with airbags in, plus since it's got to go in the garage anyway...:eek:

I am taking to a local garage who I use a fair bit (and trust:p, not that I wouldn't trust a main dealer or pay their labour rate:eek:)

I can't recall the airbags being in the seats on the W203 model , i was sure they were in the door trim.

0.7 per glow plug.

The seat will be around an hour I suspect.

I suspect it may be a broken spring

Yep, got it back from the garage today. It was a broken spring. Total cost £268 - parts and labour to fix the spring, change the glow plugs and fix the seat.

Pretty much what I was expecting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom