How many keys do Mercedes provide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatboydel

Car
MB C350 CDI Estate
Just got my new (to me) 2010 C350CDI and it only came with one key. I chased the indie dealer I bought it from and he told me they only come with one key, is that correct?

I had 2 keys with my CLK270 so was expecting the same.

He's having you on. Every Mercedes I've owned has come with at least two keys. They're expensive so you should chase them up for a replacement.

My brothers 2011 C220CDI came with 2 keys. I think he's pulling a fast one. Keep on at him to supply a second one as they cost £227.

Yes, as above should have two keys!

2 keys so go and get some money from him, as he's an indie, he can't provide you directly with a key

An Indy can supply you keys providing he has the correct info that the dealer requires.
We often get keys for our customers as it saves them the hassle of going to the dealers & supply them at the same price.

Always 2 keys, minimum.

Every new car in my family came with 2 keys.

i got three sets with a 19 year old 190E
two of them had never been used

I have four:
Two standard, a key for the valet and an emergency 'flat' one you're supposed to keep in your wallet.

Two issues:

1. The car was supplied new with two keys, so the dealer is having you on and should supply two keys
  2. Who has the second key that will open your car and allow it to be driven?

Ensure you have the "lost" key turned off with Star Diagnosis.

This means taking all the working keys you have and the Car to MB dealer (or decent independent such as comand.co.uk in Lightwater as you are in Camberley) and having the extra key turned off - so get that covered by the trader too as they have been making it up.

Richard

I have just got a sprinter and at the time it had one key, but as a sales push he offered me another, but it tuck me 6 week to get it , had to ring 8 or 9 time and in the end he gave in a sent me a new key , But you should have heard all the bull i got when he was failing to send.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom