How many left.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

demetrios

Car
R129 500SL
Hi all.

Has anyone ever used
www.howmanyleft.co.uk ?

I went on it for first time in ages and checked on my 1992 500 SL.
Looked interesting 91 licenced and 89 SORN

Then look at new models and it has nothing. So whats going on? Is the site just load of crap? I find it interesting to know how many of my model car are around but this seems daft.

MERCEDES 500SL-32 AUTO - How Many Left?

As it says on the home page..
"The database gets refreshed roughly once every three months."
Have a read here ..
How Many Left?

I don't trust it. My SL500 shows 12 results of which 3 could be the correct model however the site doesn't differentiate between the different versions (R129, R230, R231 etc)

Don't think it's going to be accurate, think the website alludes to that. Gives a rough inkling though.

Rough idea only. Cars get registered with so many subtleties in the description that the data is quite often inaccurate. You have to find every single description and manually add them all up to get anything near accurate.

OK as a guide but don't rely on it for accuracy when looking at lower numbers.

Last edited:
A rough idea only, as the models aren't tightly defined. Look at the description on your V5 - it can often be vague.

But, it gets you in the ball park and, despite the impression you get from the magazines, actually some models barely sell at all in the UK. They're made in bigger volumes, for sure, but we're less than 1% of the World's population, and less than 15% of the German car manufacturers sales.

I used to be surprised at how few E500's were recorded as sold each year: dozens rather than hundreds.

After seeing how few are actually around and ever get sold, I now see the howmanyleft number is probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom