How many mile have you had from your SBC pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
I'll start us off with 181k on a 2004 E270cdt Estate.

My previous E55 was on 103,000 and the counter seemed to indicate it had used a quarter of its life.

Of course it isn't miles that use up the life so mileages are not an accurate guide to life.

150k on my S211 320 cdi after being reset twice at 103k and at 135k

Have replaced mine on 200k miles.

140k(ish) on the CLS but as pointed out it's not miles but applications that use up counts. So if one is mainly motorway use it'll go much further than if used around town.

mine was changed before 72k . luckily before i bought the car .

The W211 is worth spending a bag of sand on getting it sorted - particularly if you have a good example or even more so the E55.

They are such great cars.

Will using the SBc hold(love it) in town cause the pump life to shorten ?

I must have been unlucky - 82k for me - but i think all town driving

Using any of the features of SBC will not reduce it's service life. Just the number of brake applications, the number of times the pump is required to replenish system pressure. Not every application will trigger the pump.

Using any of the features of SBC will not reduce it's service life. Just the number of brake applications, the number of times the pump is required to replenish system pressure. Not every application will trigger the pump.

So gentle braking and little dabs in traffic sort register in the pumps counter then?

It's anything that depletes the reservoir's stored pressure below it's lower set limit. The pump then kicks in, briefly, to repressurise. I recall it was usually approx 3-4 presses on the brake pedal before the pump kicked in again.

I imagine the older, more worn or poorly maintained the system is the more frequently to pump has to operate

It's anything that depletes the reservoir's stored pressure below it's lower set limit. The pump then kicks in, briefly, to repressurise. I recall it was usually approx 3-4 presses on the brake pedal before the pump kicked in again.

I imagine the older, more worn or poorly maintained the system is the more frequently to pump has to operate

That's a relief. I try to think ahead when I drive and use the road and distance to slow down and I've noticed the pump only kicks in every now and then. I might cut 2 holes in the floor so SWMBO and I can slow down a bit with our feet. :bannana: It'll make the SCB pump last longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom