How many miles have you driven?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I passed my driving test aged 17.
From the age of around 20 up until around the age of 40 I would cover around 25,000 miles per year.
Since then (and in years 17 -20) my mileage per annum would be circa 10 - 12,000.
That puts me in at around the 675,000 miles mark.

I know that will be beaten, but it would be interesting to find out if we have any members that are moon-milers and why.

Like yourself I passed my test at age 17 ( now 50 ) My wife & I spent 10 years doing 3 to 4 thousand miles a week together in the same lorry. I probably did 3/4 of it . Average about 20 thousand miles a year the rest of my life so over 1.5 million miles :( :eek:
I'd like a 1 pence for every mile driven by everybody who answers this thread though !

1,812,782 miles as of yesterday.

:D

Interesting question Ringway. Reckon I must be in 800-900k bracket.

At a little under 20,000 miles a year, I've probably covered 450,000 miles in the 23 years I've been driving.

A rough guestimate at 566,000 miles over 15 years

Passed at 17 roughly 8k in first year till i started driving works vans 18-24 averaged 45k plus a year
24-33 20k work miles 12k personal in my own car miles give or take a few thousand

Last edited:
I dread to think. Passed in 1987, did a lot of years of 25k plus, down to 9k recently but still.

Seen some huge changes in cars thats for sure.

passed test in 1968,in the last 8 years I have been doing the usual 12,000,before that for about 15 years I was doing 25,000 average,I must be over the 1million as in the early 70's I used to drive a truck twice a week to Italy and back,pity I did not keep a check,it would be interesting to know just how many miles I have driven without a serious accident.

Passed my test jan 1989 45 now i'd say an average of 15k per year.

Just adding a bit here, excuse me for slightly hijacking your thread Paul.

How about miles travelled, including air and sea and maybe even on foot. We are probably more "well travelled" than we think.

I calculate circa 1.25m driving miles.

Mic

Some interesting accounts and some of the mileages racked up have not been in the most comfortable of vehicles by the sounds of it.

My grandfather used to drive from Manchester to Hemel Hempstead and back again to collect us in his red Austin 1100 in the late sixties.
I'll bet that was a slog with perhaps just the M1 available as a motorway in those days.

Just adding a bit here, excuse me for slightly hijacking your thread Paul.

How about miles travelled, including air and sea and maybe even on foot. We are probably more "well travelled" than we think.

Enter DRUK, AKA Judith Chalmers. :D

In almost 30 years of driving, I've probably clocked only 360,000 miles. The last five years have seen me clocking around 15,000 a year, but before that it was under 12,000 a year.

About 666,000 miles in 24 years. Other than Uni years I've always been at about 30k pa. I suspect though that I'm actually doing more than that nowadays.

Somewhere north of 1.5 million miles , goodness knows how many vehicles, and now at 64 years old just decreasing annual mileage . (133,000 in the last five years in my well thrashed Focus 1.6 repmobile plus another 10,000 or so in personal cars). Only the other day I was thinking it was a pity I had not kept a photographic record of all the vehicles I have ever owned/driven. Most miles in a single vehicle was my Merc 208d van , around 180,000 in three years during the mid 1990s.

I passed my test in 1999 at 17 but have only really averaged about 7k a year since.

Been commuting into the city by train since 2005 as well so mileage is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom