How many miles out of full tank on W205 C200 Petrol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackSilk

Car
N/A
I know petrol is in the minority but wondering any current owners of the w205 has any average stats of how many miles they made from a full tank and avg mpg?

Just a curiosity thing :p

Well I do not own one, but we all know just how misleading the mpg figures are from the manufacturers ,they claim over 50mpg doing motorway at I suppose 60mph and around 45mpg on mixed driving I suspect owners of the petrol c200 would maybe get 41mpg,which is not bad for a petrol,but just maybe we have a petrol owner on here who will be able to give the correct numbers

I'd expect to see an average of over 40mpg. I see 37mpg in my W211 diesel as I did in my last E60 3.0 petrol so 40 must be achievable in a smaller car/engine.

Bonecho has a 205 C200 petrol. He seems to like it too. He's the man to ask.

Ant.

For motorway (usual mix of temp 50mph and 75mph for me) I get 45mpg. That's with Distronic Plus 'driving' most of the time, Sport mode on 17" rims. Around 500-550 miles on a tank without taking it into reserve territory.

I get 25-35mpg around down and on short journeys.

It's an S205 (estate). Driven just over 6k miles.

Completely unscientific, but hopefully of some use. :)

The journey home from the dealer (99 miles) mainly motorway, light foot and 19 miles of 50mph roadworks the car did I think 54 mpg.

Since then I have done a total of 430 miles but filled up a couple of time as I passed two cheap Shell stations.

I reset all the trip computers 44 miles ago and from memory the mpg figure had dropped to 34mpg. This included mainly 20 mile open road journeys in light traffic plus maybe 3 x 1 mile trips to the shops and back plus 1 x 3 mile town centre trip.

Since the reset the car is doing 38.6mpg at an average speed of 26 mph. I live at the bottom of a hill so the initial figure on a cold engine is around 8mpg until I get to the top. The longer the journey the better the figures. On a trip of maybe a mile I will be lucky to hit 20mpg so distance is critical to good figures.

Tank is 66 litres with 7 in reserve. 59 litres = 13 gallons x 38.6mpg = 501 miles usable range.

I will be happy if the car averages 40mpg so with the engine still tight I hope to get there. If I had bought a diesel I think it would have taken me years to break even.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Definitely helpful input there. Just need to wait until early next year before mine is ready to pick up. Seems so far away

The journey home from the dealer (99 miles) mainly motorway, light foot and 19 miles of 50mph roadworks the car did I think 54 mpg.

Since then I have done a total of 430 miles but filled up a couple of time as I passed two cheap Shell stations.

I reset all the trip computers 44 miles ago and from memory the mpg figure had dropped to 34mpg. This included mainly 20 mile open road journeys in light traffic plus maybe 3 x 1 mile trips to the shops and back plus 1 x 3 mile town centre trip.

Since the reset the car is doing 38.6mpg at an average speed of 26 mph. I live at the bottom of a hill so the initial figure on a cold engine is around 8mpg until I get to the top. The longer the journey the better the figures. On a trip of maybe a mile I will be lucky to hit 20mpg so distance is critical to good figures.

Tank is 66 litres with 7 in reserve. 59 litres = 13 gallons x 38.6mpg = 501 miles usable range.

I will be happy if the car averages 40mpg so with the engine still tight I hope to get there. If I had bought a diesel I think it would have taken me years to break even.

Thanks for the info, I too have one on order.

Are you enjoying the c200 engine? Smooth? Quiet?

Well I do not own one, but we all know just how misleading the mpg figures are from the manufacturers ,they claim over 50mpg doing motorway at I suppose 60mph.....

No, the extra urban figure is at 33mph.

That is why the official figures are useless, they tell you nothing, not even good as a comparison between cars. Unless you sit at 33mph of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom